Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Sai Leelas  (Read 24679 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Sai Leelas
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 10:51:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • Bow to Thy Holy Feet our Sainath (May 1984)

BABA said to Megha "I carry on as a wirepuller of all the activities of the men who trusts ME and merges in ME" (Sai Satcharita, cb: 2S p. 155). Yes, our SAINATH is Antharyami. HE is all pervading, omniscient and omnipresent. BABA said "My eye is ever on those who love ME. Whatever you do, wherever you may be, bear this in mind that I am always aware of everything you do."

In this communication I shall narrate some of my recent experiences, I accepted the outcome of all my attempts very boldly and with a smiling face, because "1 surrendered myself with body and soul at HIS lotus feet."

I quite often, am criticised and questioned by my close associates on the question of my absolute surrender and steady devotion to BABA. This arises especially when I attempt to explain to them that each small event which occurs has something to do with HIS wishes and desire. Yes, I always examine even a small matter as BABA'S wish, irrespective of my success or failure and I feel extremely contented with this act. Let me first confess that it was BABA who has been constantly encou­raging me to apply for some academic distinctions and honour since I was summoned by HIM to Pune to my present assign­ment. Prior to my coming over to Pune I was never thinking of going for such academic competitive attainments for which one has to be in the run always in the national field related to science and technology. After working for about a year and preparing the needed foundation to succeed in an academic race, I could see that my papers did not reach concerned person although sufficient precaution was taken care of and with ade­quate margin before the dead line, in order to satisfy myself I went to SHIRDI during this Diwali and again I prayed to HIM with my desire. In a closed envelope my feelings were also narrated and placed over BABA'S tomb. I was satisfied with this ritual. When the deadline for the academic race came very near I could learn that I was out of the competition since my papers did not reach the person concerned as informed by the person to me. My wife informed me of this news from New Delhi first and it was only a few moments, I came to my cons­ciousness and replied to her that it was HIS desire and I am not at all sad about this. Since then a few months have elapsed and I could find out that the person who had denied that the papers did not reach her was interested in her own candidate and had not cared for my candidature. BABA had saved me because if I would have remained as a candidate f would not have succeeded since the person is politically and bureaucratically very powerful.

In another event in this connection I got defeated and soon after the result was out, I told my wife that probably BABA has something in HIS mind since HE only knows when the time is ripe for accomplishment. Anyhow, I was encouraged by HIM only and it was HE only who took me with HIM for this exercise.

But these two failures have opened one more avenue. BABA has been again encouraging me to go for another larger academic race and this is having more distinction and honour in Indian academic circle. I am getting ready because it is HIS desire that I should try. I am least concerned about the failure since I fully believe that BABA takes me with HIM to give me an opportunity to experience and at the same time generates strength to gain confidence and this is much more valuable to me than that of these materialistic distinctions. So let all of us make attempt to fix our eyes on HIM so that we should never feel pleasure or pain. Let our mind get rest at YOUR lotus feet our SAINATH.

This materialistic world does not or cannot bring happiness to us and having disgusted and   frustrated we should   not   move But why not explore that the eternal peace and well as solace with bliss exist only in HIS DARBAR.

M. R. Chakravartti

Poona 411004

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #31 on: November 18, 2005, 08:36:30 AM »
  • Publish
  • My Experiences with  Shri Sai Baba (May 1984)

In 1969, winter days when my baby was one year old, she had repeated attacks of bronchites and fever, followed by tonsa-lites infection. Of course medicines were administered to her but there had been no permanent relief.

A distant relative of mine, Mr. Manoranjan Mazumdar, R.T.O. Agent, who is a 'Sai devotee', advised me to go to 'Sai Baba Darbar". In our Town, Baba's Darber meets at Mr. H. R. Kichlu's Bunglow, located at Wright Town, Jabalpur. This place had been near from my residence but I had never gone there before.

On advice of Mr. Mazumdar, accompanied by my mother-in-law, wife and baby, I went there. I remember it was Thurs­day, when I entered the room. I could see that the walls of the room were decorated with Sai Baba's photographs, hanged on the wall each of which had a red rose offered to them. The hall was packed to the capacity. The surroundings were filled with the fragrance of scented sticks and lobhan. Baba's idol was covered with the smoke of lobhan.

While sitting, there I could learn that 'Sai Baba' is a 'power' who knows our inner heart. I decided to keep fast, on every 'Thursday', in the name of Baba. This my family still continues. We take our dinner only after evening prayer of Sai Baba, after that date.

With blessings of Sai Baba my baby is away from illness, quite healthy and intelligent. At present she is 14 and is studying in the VIII standard.

On 19th June 1970, in the early hours, my wife had pre­natal pains. We had been living at a great distance from the maternity home. There was no conveyance readily available. Even there was nobody near my wife. I rushed to the nearest telephone, and contacted the 'Taxi Stand', During this time, all the way, I had been praying to 'Baba' for help.

My wife, accompanied by a neighbouring lady, reached the maternity home in the Taxi. I followed the Taxi on a Scooterette, On the way, I had been praying to 'Baba' for help to my wife, who was in quite serious condition, owing to severe pain.

After 3 minutes of reaching the maternity home, she delivered a male child. Thus 'Baba' heard my prayer, and extended timely help.

This incident occurred in July '71, I was returning from my office. On the main road of M. P. Electricity Board, there are 'C’ Type Residential Quarters where there is a blind turning on account of the Quarters constructed in round shape. While overtaking a bullock cart there a 'Leyland tractor trolly' came on the way speedily from the front, leaving very marginal distance and my scooter came in between these two. I applied the brake, but it had failed.

I don't know how I could be saved at this crucial moment. When I stopped my scooter, and took a clear breath, I saw that Baba's locket fixed in the key ring, installed in the ignition hole of the scooter, was separated from its original place and was lying on the foot-board of the scooter. I am very sure that the locket was tightly fixed in the key ring and how it came out of it was a question. 'Baba’, who saved me, can only reply.

In August 1977, I was admitted to M. P. Electricity Board Hospital for treatment of low blood pressure. I came back after 'X.Ray* of 'KUB region' at about 1 P. M., from the Medical College. I saw my wife sitting on the bench at the hospital entrance. She was quite nervous. I asked her, whether all was well.

She said, "Neeta, who had high temperature last night, is having urinery trouble. She has not passed urine for the last 24 hours."

By this time I saw Dr. G. L. Goswami and lady Medical Officer Mrs. S. B. Jain, coming hastily towards my wife.

Dr. Goswami told us that the baby was not permitting to insert tube, to outlet the urine accumulation. If this stage con­tinues, urinery bladder is likely to burst. Mrs. Jain advised us to take her to the Medical College Hospital in the ambulance.

On way to Medical College   when   the ambulance,   stopped for fuel at the petrol pump,   I prayed to 'Baba*   "What you are

doing Baba?   On the one hand, I am under treatment, feeling too weak,   and   this baby...   Baba shower mercy on us,   "kripa karo

Gurudev."

I keep Baba's ‘Udi’ in my purse all the time. I dropped a little of 'Udi' in the mouth of my daughter and also put it on her forehead, praying to Baba, to save her.

When we reached the Medical College Hospital, the lady doctor on duty in the emergency room listened to us patiently, and took my baby to the attached bathroom. The baby was asked to keep her hands in water in a ‘tub’ and try to pass urine. She passed the urine without any trouble. Was it not, that Baba's 'Udi' saved her at that crucial juncture?" Since then she has no trouble, and is well with the blessings of Shri Sai Baba.

V. K. Thakur

Jabalpur

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source sai Leela magazine

subhasrini
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #32 on: November 18, 2005, 08:38:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • Visions And Dreams (May 1984)

Some time back I happened to see in 'Sai Leela1 magazine (English) about favours received from Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi and along with it the writer has remarked that ^Visions and Dreams1 can be had to exceptional few only.

Then I  remembered   the   Vision   I   had   of "Shri  Sai Baba of Shirdi".

In the "Sai Leela Magazine11 of April 1983 the Editor has written that "it is dedicated to the spiritual uplift and that is done by publishing articles relating to sages past and present etc. This induced me to write this article.

I would like to share exhilarating experiences of my Vision and dreams and its materialization with the readers and hence this article.

By the end of 1984 I joined the Seva Samathi of Ernakulam and regularly attended the Bhajans on Thursdays and Sundays. After some years. Shri Govinda Bharatan started a Samathi near Kacherippadi. Ernakulam and kept a small library consisting of books on Sai Babe's of Shirdi. He was also getting Sai Leela Magazine in English. After some months he discontinued getting the magazines when I became a subscriber Shri Govinda Bharatan presented me a photo of Sai Baba of Shirdi and I got it framed and kept it in the Puja room.

I was staying at Ernakulam for the past 40 years. On 15-10-75 after my bath in the morning I entered the Puja room, stood in front of the pictures and was meditating. Suddenly I had a vision of Bhagavan Sai Baba of Shirdi standing in front of a house at the end of a small road having small terraced houses on both sides. Bhagavan was wearing a Kafni very bright and dazzling in the bright Sun, upto his knee. His legs were black. In the brightness the image melted and a bright light slowly merged in the picture of Bhagavan Shirdi Sai Baba in the Puja room and the Vision closed and all this happended in a few seconds.

M.Menon

Palghat

Kerala

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #33 on: November 18, 2005, 08:40:45 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sai Baba accepted our Gayatri Yagna (May 1984)

In   Jamnagar,   there   is a fine Sai   Temple   in Gandbinagar area.
    The inaugural   rituals and  ceremonies   were performed by Late Swami Sai   Sharananand   Maharaj   of Ahmedabad on Ram Navami   day of 1958.

The   idol   is so   life-like   and  living that many   devotees   have   experienced   that   Baba    spoke and smiled with   them.

Many   spiritual    activities   are   done   under   divine guidance   of Baba   i.e.   Rudra-dhyan,   chandi  path etc.   On one occasion,I had   proposed   to perform a Gayatri   Yagna on one Sunday.

On Saturday night   (previous day) I had gone to invite my doctor friend.
    This doctor friend   informed me that his son, who is a Sai   devotee,had gone to Bombay   and he is expected to return on Sunday (very next day).Exactly when the ceremony of Yagna started my doctor friend arrived and informed us that his son had arrived that day  from Shirdi  and handed over 'Udi’ and   prasad   from   Shirdi.

The   chief   priest   of  the yagna,   was pleased with Baba's  leela of arranging to send ‘Udi’ at the hour when the   Yagna started.   The receipt of Udi and prasad at the exact juncture of starting  Yagna is Baba's leela.

Navinchandra D. Pandya

Bombay.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 09:19:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • JAPNAAM (May 1984)

In our religious holy books certain manners have been introduced for devotion and can be achieved by following them rigidly. The main intention to introduce these systems was preferably for the persons who used to do meditation, sandhya, yoga, tap, tantra sadhna and Kirtans. In that time devotion was in it's full existence and therefore, it was possible to do them. Now a days there is a mass change in people, atmosphere and living standard. There is therefore seldom attraction towards religion and devotion. At present our life is fast running having enough responsibilities. One cannot spare himself for meditation, asans, pranayam, yog, tap etc. In these circumstances a short way to worship is "Japnaam". There are no specific instructions any­where to do Japnaam at a particular time, manner and place. Thus ''Japnaam" can be done anywhere and at any time. Besides, other works can also be carried over. Japnaam is only possible if there is devotion. It is stressed upon in the books to have full faith and surrender first and then to have devotion, A devotee shirks his responsibility on the Almighty. If we fully surrender to Sai Baba, then there remains no doubt that He takes our all responsibilities upon Him. The only thing is that we must always remember and keep ourself bowed before Him.

Such an incident took place with me and now when I recollect it I feel that our life was saved by Lord Sai Baba as He saved a child from burning fire and put his own band in the Dhooni at Dwarkamai.

On 2nd July, 1981, after summer vacations were over, I, with my family, was returning by bus from Jaipur. The Bus left Jaipur at it's scheduled time at 5 00 A.M. and was driven speedily. In the way Japnaam "Shri Sai Ram Shri Sai Shyam" was being chanted by me continuously. At about 7.00 A.M. the bus was passing through a village where a man riding a cycle came from another side and tried to cross the road. Since the bus was running in speed, it was rather difficult to control it at the very same time and hence the bus driver took turn to the left side where an electric pole was installed near a big well, having no wall above the ground, at a distance of about fifteen feet. Since the bus was in speed and moved to the left side the balance was lost and it then dashed directly on the electric pole and stopped. Had it not been stopped by the electric pole it was sure that it would have fallen in the well, and none of us could have been saved. Surely, Lord Sai saved our life when we were in danger.

If we remember our beloved Sai, He removes our danger and turns the grief into pleasure. His 'Japnaam' is so powerful as is evident from the above instance that one can remain safe from troubles coming ahead in life, Sai Baba thus takes all responsibility of his devotees upon Him provided we fully surrender to Him.

K. L   Sharma

SAI LEELA MAGAZINE

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #35 on: November 21, 2005, 09:22:19 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Magnanimous Sai Baba (May 1984)

Sai's grace   is infallible   and unfathomable.    I shall narrate a few of my own experiences to illustrate this point,

In July, 1982, I happened to visit Pune on some official work along with a colleague of mine. While we were half way through our work, there was an interruption, since Thursday was a holiday for most of the factories in the industrial belt including the place of our visit. So, we decided to pay a visit to Shirdi to have darshan of Sai Baba. This opportunity was quite unexpected and I was simply thrilled at the prospect of visiting the holy place for the first time.

We packed a few essential things in a brief case and took a night bus from Pune on Wednesday, We reached Shirdi at about 3.30 a.m. on Thursday and straightway made a dash to Sai Sansthan where huge crowds of devotees were already getting ready for the worship of Sai Baba.

After the ablutions, we went to Sai Mandir just before 5.00 a.m holding some flowers in our hands which we purchased on the way. Sai Baba gave me the privilege of standing very close to His majestic statue during the Kakad Aarti -and enjoying the ecstacy of the divine atmosphere which prevailed during the bhajan. It was such a rapturous experience that we decided to stay back for the after-noon bhajan also. This time we appeared before Sai with a garland of flowers and offerings of coconut and sweets.

The second darshan of Sai made me feel as if I met a bosom friend or a close relative with whom I could frankly discuss my personal problems. I took liberty to ask Sai Baba to grant me a wish namely an opportunity to go abroad to brighten my prospects. It might be an innocent longing or it could be a foolish wish arising out of ignorance, but Sai Baba has fulfilled the same with such promptitude that I shall ever remain grateful to Him.

In March, 1983, the company where I am employed as an Engineer, decided to send me to West Germany in connection with purchase of a certain machinery, I set off on a three-week trip to Europe and by the grace of Lord Sainath everything went on well. He came to my rescue at my every beck and call and protected me throughout my sojourn there.

Thus, within one year of my visit to Shirdi, my long--cherished desire has been fulfilled. A miracle was performed in a way exemplified by Sai Baba, the magnanimous.

M. Venkateswara Rao

Madras-600080

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #36 on: November 21, 2005, 09:25:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba - A Successful Physician (May 1984)

It is said that whosoever puts his feet on the soil of Shirdi his sufferings would come to an end. This universal fact was experienced very recently by us.

Dear readers, my wife had been suffering from throat trouble for the last many years. It started as an ordinary 'cough & cold' problem; but it went on increasing day by day inspite of usual medical treatment. During my service as a pay & Accounts Officer in the Central Excise, Indore, I consulted many physicians of repute but there was hardly any improvement. At time she was very miserable when she could not even eat or drink properly.

Apart from the treatment from   various doctors, she had to take many   precautionary   steps like avoiding quite a large number food items.

Recently, when we had the invitation to attend the Annual Gathering of Writers   at Shirdi,   we were in a fix whether to go or not due to her ailment.    It, however,  appears that Baba issued latent instructions   to   my   wife,   who suddenly   insisted that we must attend despite her   problem.    Immediately after we reached the pious city of Shirdi, both of us presented ourselves before the lotus feet of Sai Baba   and   submitted our prayer to Him to rid her of her long suffering.

Dear readers, you will be glad to know that before leaving Shirdi after the 'Summelcn,1 surprisingly, my wife felt that had no throat trouble at all. Lest it should be only a temporary relief, we did not mention it to anybody then and there. Will the passage of so many days now, we are able to openly tell that she has completely recovered from her long outstanding throat trouble. Not only that, she has since given up the various precautionary steps and is able to take anything she normal likes to take.

The   miraculous   recovery   is simply  on account of   Baba super-human powers as a successful physician,

J. R. Laroiyi

Noida.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #37 on: November 21, 2005, 10:15:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • THE MESSAGE OF SAI BABA (October 1986)

"The mind is like the stomach. It is not how much you put into it counts, but how much it digests. "

— Albert Jay Nock

My grand daughter, 3 years old Aswini is a true child of Sai Baba. She is a pure soul — pure as a pearl. Fair is her face and charming is her figure, and regal is her bearing. She lives and moves as a princess — a child of the Eternal King — Sai Baba. And out of her exudes a wondrous influence which casts a spell on anyone who sees her.

She is very fond of eating Sai-udhi. She always bows to Sai Baba saying 'Thatha — Mami' etc. My daughter is married into a family who are quite conservative and are strict followers of Madhwa-philosophy. As such on one fine morning, when my wife asked me to bring a talisman from Sri Raghavendra Swamy Mutt, somehow I felt like leaving the young kid to the wholesome care of Sai Baba and went on postponing to get a talisman from Raghave­ndra Mutt.

But ultimately on the 4th March '86, I was forced to bring a 'Navagraha talisman' from the Mutt. On the 5th morning, when I sat for my morning 'communion' with Lord Sainath, my mind posed a question: 'How is it that I lost faith in Sai Baba? Why did I yield to the proposal of bringing a talisman from Sri Raghavendra Swamy Mutt, when I knew very well that we are safe in the hands of Sai Baba. Lo! Sai Baba suddenly answered my doubt: 'Remember that I am omnipresent and omniscient and omni­potent. Don't show any disrespect to any saint. I am in everything.' This made me recapitulate: 'You will never be able to understand thoroughly how great Sai Baba is. He is the very personification of perfection. If you know him as I know him, you would call him the Master of Creation.'

The whole day, my mind was full of Baba's advice to Bhai Krishnaji when the latter intended to visit Akkalkot for 'darshan of padukas. How Mule shastry was granted darshan of Gholap Maharaj by Sai Baba! Sai Baba also fulfilled the desire of Shiva-worship by Megha. I was reminded of many more incidents in Sai Satcharitra to the effect that all saints operate at the same wavelength and there is no difference between them.

I recalled the unique incident when H.H. Jagadguru Chandra Sekhara Bharathi Swamiji — the 34th pontiff of Sringeri Mutt dissuaded a learned Christian-brother from embracing Hinduism. The Shankaracharya then told him: "If you are a true Christian you are a true Hindu and vice versa.'l

My mind also mused over what the Kanchi Pontiff advised devout Hindus recently when they planned to boycott the visit of Pope John Paul II: "Show no disrespect to the Pope, the Head of an organised world-wide God-fearing sect. Organised conversion should be met by equally organised spiritual discipline among us."

On the 5th March,'86, I disclosed my dilemma to my Sai-brother Shri T.K. lyengar, who stays close to my residence. After a patient hearing what he told me, made me feel as if Lord Sainath was clarifying my doubt.

Shri lyengar brought to my notice the end of Shri Madhwa-charya. As he was about to merge in the eternity, Madhwacharya said to his disciples: "Throughout my life I have been advocating the principle of DWAITA, but now I am wondering whether 'God is Dwaita or Adwaita' The disciples first gave him some pure water to drink and then some quantity of sugar to eat. He ate the sugar. Afterwards they gave him water mixed with sugar to drink and asked him to find out the result himself — whether God is Dwaita or Adwaita. After drinking this sugared water he left his mortal coil peacefully.

Shri lyengar and myself also discussed as to how the divine singer Purandaradasa, though belonging to Saiva-sect danced to glorify Lord Hari, and as to how Vijayadasa, a Madhwa-saint sang the glory of Lord Shiva!

A Mohamedan Nawab offered meat to Raghavendra Swamiji, which by the latter's benign grace was converted into fruits and flowers. H.H. Narasimha Swamiji has narrated in his Biography of Sainath as to how Mother Krishnabai of Ramachandrapuram — a known devotee of Raghavendra Swamiji — was blessed by Sai in a unique manner.

After recalling several incidents which show us that all saints are one, my mind became still and I offered my prayers to Lord Sainath: "Lord Sainath, I sailed on the wings of thought

Crossing many deep streams where

My feet would have sunk in weight i

But the wings of thought carried me to the

unwonted shores of life where I found Thee,

And in Thee I found my rest."

M. Rama Rao

Bangalore

jaisairam!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #38 on: November 21, 2005, 10:16:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • MEMORABLE TRAIN JOURNEY FROM MANMAD TO HAZRAT NIZAMUDDIN (N. DELHI). (October 1986)

Reading various articles written by Sai devotees depicting their experience in Sai Leela Magazine prompted me to write my experi­ence as to how our Sai Sadguru helped me when I prayed for His help,

I left Delhi on Tuesday the 29th April.1986 for going to Shirdi. I was planning to return by Friday the 2nd May, 1986 from Shirdi. I had requested my office people to book my return ticket in 3 tier compartment in the Bangalore-Nizamuddin Express on Friday the 2nd May,'86 leaving Manmad Junction that evening. On my arrival at Manmad Junction on the morning of 30th April, '86 I enquired about my reservation for the return journey and I was informed that the quota of berths intended for Manmad was full and hence they could not make my reservation.  I went to the reserva­tion office and asked them to put my name on the waiting list and I was third on the waiting list. The quota of berths for passengers entraining at Manmad by this train was 8. On the day of departure, i.e., after visiting Shirdi, ie. Friday the 2nd May, when I came to the station at 7 P.M., I enquired whether any drop-outs were there. The ticket examiner told me that there was no chance of my getting the berth reservation. Further when the train arrived, I found that each and every coach was over-crowded and in fact the passengers were squatting on the floor. Somehow I got in the coach 'I’ meant for the passengers travelling from Manmad Junction. Since there was hardly any space left, I decided to try my luck in the adjacent compartment, ie in 'H' coach. There also the position was equally bad. Still I decided that I would somehow travel and pass the night. I then just sat in the little space available in the lower berth near the door where a passenger was already sleeping. I had never travelled without proper reservation and this was the first occasion. I was then praying to Sai Baba saying that probably I would have to travel the whole night in that sitting position. Just at that moment a gentleman who was occupying the upper berth called me and enquired as to where I was proceeding., I replied that I was going to New Delhi. Immediately he told me that he was having an extra berth available with him, and that berth would become vacant after about an hour's time and that I could occupy that berth after an hour. Further, he asked me that I could just go up and sit comfortably with him as he was not going to sleep because of the disturban­ce of the light in the corridor. Then we started conversing for some time. I then told him I was returning from Shirdi and how Sai Baba helped me in getting the berth. By that time the train came to a halt for 2 minutes at a station and five passengers got down. Then I occupied one of the berths -vacated by the passengers. This happened even before I could occupy the berth promised by that gentleman. This is how I received our Sai Sadguru's help., which made my travel very comfortable. For me this is nothing but a miracle.

A. Subramamam

New Delhi.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!

SOURCE SAILEELA MAGAZINE

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #39 on: November 21, 2005, 10:18:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • HOW BABA GRANTS ANTICIPATORY BAIL TO HIS DEVOTEES IN DIRE NEED (October 1986)

The following occurrence took place in the winter of '57 or '58. It concerns a friend of mine, Shri A.K. Kumthekar by name, aged about 40 at the time and employed as an Asst. Foreman in the Inspectorate of Armaments in the Ordnance Factory at Khamaria, Jabalpur. He was a highly principled brahmin hailing from Pune greatly devoted to his parents. His first concern in life was about his aged and bed-ridden father, and he could not think in terms of living away from the old gentleman leaving him to be looked after by others. It was in these circumstances that one fine morning his boss, a hard-boiled Lt. Colonel notified him to be ready to go and attend an 18 week Senior Armament Examiner's Course at Kirkee, Pune.

The above order acted as a bomb-shell on Shri Kumthekar and he found himself in a quandary'. For one thing, the passing of the Course was in the nature of a qualification for promotion and no option was allowed. For another, it would mean being away from his father for the period or shifting him to and fro which would jeopardise his health. So, he put up his request to be exempted from the Course, or alternatively to be transferred to Kirkee on compassionate grounds. He then rushed to me for solace and advice. He was on the verge of tears. He had heard from me many an account of the incredible miracles worked by Sri Sai Baba in my life and how He came to be the Sheet Anchor of my existence. I instinctively felt that Baba's sanction was there in his coming to me and His intercession and protection to enable him to fulfil his filial obligation. I told him accordingly beseeching him to rest assured that no power on earth could come in the way of Baba's children discharging their duty conscientiously. Only, from that moment, he should without question put his faith in Baba knowing HIM to be but the incarnation of Datta worshipped by him in his family. These words had the desired effect on him and cleared the gloom of despair.

Personally I had no qualms about Shri Kumthekar being enabled to surmount the seemingly insurmountable obstacle in his way for, this was not the first time that I had been impelled, sub­consciously or super-consciously as the case might be, by Baba to hold out similar guarantees in cases of illness considered to be hopeless but by His Infinite Mercy happily ending in complete recovery in due course.

Hardly a week had passed when my friend came to me with a crest-fallen, countenance with the Lt. Colonel's reply summarily rejecting his request and peremptorily telling him to obey the order. He was given a week's time to collect the T.A. and leave the station. He understandably felt that Baba was not acting in his behalf as expected. I however, was not at all perturbed knowing Baba's inscrutable Wisdom and Methods. I therefore encouraged him to be hopeful. I assured him that not unoften Baba acts in the last split second when all help disappears. This had some effect and he left.

In the next two weeks I was so completely occupied with the work on hand that I clean forgot about the affair. Then one afternoon I rang up my friend's office to know the situation. To my pleasant surprise Shri Kumthekar himself answered the call. Murmuring some apology, he said he was coming straight to meet me. And so he did. He was sorry he could not see me earlier due to an urgent time-bound assignment, he said.

It seems, that submitting to the inevitable, he collected his T.A. and was planning to travel with the whole family to Kirkee by the end of the stipulated week. Then TO HIS ASTONISHMENT, ON THE EVENING PRIOR TO THE DAY INTENDED FOR THE JOURNEY, A LETTER FROM HIS BOSS WAS DELIVERED TO HIM CANCELLING THE ORIGINAL ORDER! It left him speechless and overwhelmed at the INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL MANNER IN WHICH BABA HAD ACTED. THE REALLY THRILLING PART OF THE WHOLE AFFAIR FOLLOWED. THE NEXT MORNING, ABOUT II A.M. AS SHRI KUMTHEKAR WAS ABOUT TO START HIS MEAL A FAKIR DRESSED LIKE BABA CAME AND STOOD AT THE DOOR. WHEN SOME COINS WERE OFFERED TO HIM IN THE USUAL WAY, HE DECLINED SAYING HE WANTED FOOD WHICH WAS READILY OFFERED. ACCEPTING IT, HE GAVE A SMALL PACKET OF UDHI TO SHRI KUMTHEKAR ASKING HIM TO KEEP IT BEFORE DATTA'S PORTRAIT, OFFER 'AARTI' AND THEN OPEN IT. ACCORDINGLY, IT WAS DONE. WHEN THE PACKET WAS OPENED, INSTEAD OF THE UDHI, THERE WERE FIVE MINIATURE CONCH SHELLS. SHRI KUMTHEKAR HASTENED BACK TO THE DOOR ONLY TO FIND THE FAKIR GONE. ONLY THEN DID IT DAWN UPON HIS MIND THAT THE FAKIR WAS NONE OTHER THAN BABA HIMSELF. The conch shells were kept as objects of

Dr. P.S. Ramaswami

Hyderabad

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005, 10:20:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • MY FIRST VISIT TO SHIRDI (September 1986)

It was in the year 1980 February, I happened to go with my husband to Shirdi soon after my marriage. My visit was purely out of interest to see a new place. Soon after reaching Shirdi, we took a room in "BHAKTHA NIWAS". After a bath we went to the Samadhi Mandir and I had the darshan of Baba for the first time. The next day we took a receipt for the Pooja and stood in queue waiting for our turn which was to come only after an hour or so.

As I stood uttering the Sai Name, I thought if Baba could read his devotee's mind the next chance of getting in near the Samadhi should be ours. Lo! to my utter astonishment we were called by the men clad in red dress who were controlling the queue. I was overwhelmed with joy. From thence, I have surrendered myself to HIS LOTUS FEET always uttering His Name.

At that movement of ecstasy, I thought the rose kept on Baba's head should be given to me as a blessing of Baba and that too happened. I was thrilled when I got the same flower from Baba's head. I was overwhelmed and extremely gratified. I am fortunate that I could receive Baba's grace in full measure from then on.

Mrs, Jayanthi Subramaniam

Hyderabad 500 040.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #41 on: November 30, 2005, 10:23:36 AM »
  • Publish
  • SAI BABA MY SAVIOUR AND PROTECTOR (September 1986)

I had never heard the name of Sai Baba nor of the town of Shirdi. It appeared as if Sai Baba was himself calling me towards him. One day he sent to me one of his devotees whom I had never known before, who told me that I should visit Shirdi along with him. I replied to him that I had not heard the name of Shirdi and Shirdi Sai Baba and therefore was totally ignorant about his name and place. He then brought some Books of Baba in Hindi and English for me. When I read through these Books, I was much impressed by the incidents narrated in these Books. Then I decided to visit Shirdi. Before my visit to Shirdi I had been having so many personal problems which were solved by him on my praying, I give below details of some of the incidents of my protection and his grace for the benefit of other devotees.

1.       In November, 1984, I started from my Bank at Chandni Chowk, Delhi to my residence alongwith my Brief-case containing valuable documents, keys etc. valuing about Rs. 2 lacs. My car was parked in front of the Red Fort (Delhi) and before opening the lock of the Car, I left the Brief-case on the ground and forgot to lift it and keep in the Car. I immediately started the car and reached near the Samadhi of Mr. Sanjay Gandhi i.e. about 1 Km. from Red Fort, when I noticed that my Brief-case was not in the Car. I at once realised the misfortune and disaster which I was facing. I was totally perplexed and was about to weep. I stopped my car and prayed to Sai Baba. After a moment a divine voice came that I should go back to the place where I had parked my car. I immediately rushed to the Red Fort and it took me about 30 minutes to reach there because of heavy rush of traffic at 7.00 p.m. With great difficulty I reached the place where my car was parked. To my great astonishment my Brief-case was lying there intact as I had left it, without any article missing. Tears of joy flowed from my eyes. I went to Sai Baba temple at Lodhi Road (New Delhi) to thank him for his kind protection and mercy upon me.

2.       Udi of Sai Baba: I was suffering from Cervical Spondylosis for the last 3-4 years. When I went to Shirdi I brought, back Sai Baba's Vibhuti (Udi) and then began to apply it on my neck, forehead and heart. Since then I have no complaint of Spondylosis. One day while I was sitting in my office I had a severe pain in my left arm, which became unbearable. I immediately applied Udi and took some in the water. I was thinking of going to the Doctor in the evening, but after taking a pinch of Udi in water the pain totally disappeared by the evening and thereafter I did not go to the Doctor.

3.       Recently my younger sister Lakshmi was suffering from cancer which was in an advanced stage. I gave her Udi in water twice or thrice daily and she died a very peaceful death without any suffering.

4.       I myself and my wife had been to U.S.A. in May, 1985. There my younger son Shri V.C. Kansal was having some problem in his factory where he was employed, and similarly his wife was also having some trouble in the Hospital where she was employed. They both prayed to Sai Baba and after few days their problems were solved entirely to their satisfaction.

5.       My eldest son Shri K.C. Kansal took us in his car to Geeta Temple in New York. I was astonished to see Sai Baba's statue installed in the temple. We never expected to see it in New York! It was all his grace that we had his Darshan in New York also.

I have narrated the above instances for the benefit of other devotees, so that they may pray to Sai Baba for any problem or difficulty, which may arise in their life.

R.R.
    Delhi

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #42 on: December 05, 2005, 01:54:02 PM »
  • Publish
  • THE GREATNESS OF UDI (September 1986)

Believe me, though I pass away, My bones in my tomb will give you hope and confidence. Do not be anxious that I would be absent from you. Remember me always, believe in Me, heart and soul and then you will be most benefited.

With salutation to Sai Baba's lotus feet I would like to narrate one of my experiences.

This incident took place in April,1974. My brother Sainath was one year old then. After having had our lunch we all were resting. Baby Sainath was playing with a big bucket full of water. No one had noticed him. After some time when my mother went to look for him he had fallen into the bucket. Only his legs could be seen. A lot of water had entered his body and all types of artificial respiration was given to him. But it was of no use. We all had given up hopes.

My grandparents then placed him in front of Baba's photo and they put some Udi into his mouth and applied it all over his body. Immediately he started crying. Dear Readers, you all can imagine how happy we all were! This incident brought our family very close to Sai Baba.

Now Master Sainath is hale and hearty and is studying in 6th standard. We all visited Shirdi in April, 1980.

Bow to Shri Sai — Peace be to all.

Jayashree P. U.

Bangalore

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOURCE SAILEELA

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #43 on: December 05, 2005, 01:56:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • SAI'S AFFECTION TOWARDS US (September 1986)

On 30th January, 1986, one of my colleagues in the office approached me and offered "SAI PRASADAM", as she had per­formed "SAI POOJA" on that day being Thursday. I never knew her as a Sai Devotee, until the day when she gave me the Sai Prasa-dam. I asked her where she performed the pooja. She replied that she had performed the pooja in Gestetner Operators' Room, where a calender with Sai's photo was hung on the wall. I enquired with her, why she could not do pooja at home? She said that she had no picture of Sai. I at once decided to give her one photograph of Sai for her pooja.

In the evening, after returning home, I told my wife to pack the Sai photo in our home for presenting it to my colleague. My wife did not agree with me. She objected to giving the photo from the house. She advised me to give a new photo, if at all I desired to give. I did not listen to my wife and decided to give the photo, which I kept last time for my "SAPTHAHAM POOJA".

As usual, I performed Sai Bhajan with my family members in the night and distributed the prasadam. This was completed by 8 P.M. At about 8.30 P.M. my temperature rose upto 102°F. My wife gave me some medicine and also Baba's UDI. Inspite of all these, my temperature did not come down.

My wife was very much worried. Suddenly, in high fever, I thought that it would be better to listen to my wife's advice. Immediately I told my wife that I do not want to give Sai's Photo from the house to anybody, as SAI PRABHU does not like to leave us. I prayed to Sai with a request to excuse me for entertaining the idea of parting with His Photo. Immediately after the prayer, within minutes, my temperature came down to normal. I was able to converse with my people as usual. By next Thursday, I purchased a "SAI PHOTO" from a shop and gave it to my colleague for her pooja. I am reminded here of how Baba admoni­shed his devotee Kaka Mahajani for parting with a holy book given to him by Baba and giving it away to Madhavrao Deshpande. This teaches us a lesson that any photograph or book of Saibaba which we use for our daily worship should not be given away, no matter who asks for it.

G. Nagaraja Rao,

Hyderabad 500 012.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #44 on: December 05, 2005, 01:57:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • A DEVOTION ACCEPTED AND BLESSED (September 1986)

It was a cold winter morning in the month of January 1984. We were at Shirdi. The time was 5 A.M. The Kakkad Arathi to Sri Sai Baba was about to commence. Hurriedly, we made our way to the Samadhi Mandir.

A crowd of devotees had already gathered in the spacious hall of the Mandir. We could see, straight ahead of us, the majestic marble Murthy of Sri Sainath. On either side of the Murthy and Samadhi of Baba, stood men and women in queues, awaiting their turn for worship. They had flowers, milk, rose-water and incense with them. The air was filled with the fragrance of the flowers and incense. The devotional atmosphere, early in the morning, was so blissful and serene.

During our previous visits to Shirdi I had noticed only Zendu or Marigold flowers on the Samadhi of Baba. Now, beautiful, large roses formed a magnificent carpet on the Samadhi. I observed ladies reverently placing bunches of roses on the holy Samadhi and take back a few as prasad. I blamed myself for not getting even a single rose flower for Baba and wondered from where they secured those lovely flowers — uneasy, disappointed and sad, I moved forward for worship. After my turn, I stood aside near the back door, waiting for my husband.

Just then a young boy with a broad smile approached me with a bunch of roses and offered it to me. I did not know the boy and was taken by surprise. I thought he had mistaken me for somebody else and hesitated to accept the flowers — Almost simultaneously my husband approached me with quick steps and said "Take them, take them, they are Baba's prasad". I saw the boy asking the Poojari and removing the flowers from the Samadhi. Thrilled with joy, I accepted the flowers and thanked the boy for his gesture. Baba had, read my thoughts and sent them!

"Baba, as one feels intently you give him experiences and realizations accordingly"!

Back in our room I recollected a small event. Before leaving Mysore, when we were dressed and waiting for an auto-rickshaw my neighbour's son came to me and offered a beautiful rose flower. I chided him for plucking such a good flower for me.

"Aunty, you are going away now, please have it", he said. But I went inside to our pooja room and placed the flower on Baba's small silver padukas.

In Chapter IX Sri Sai Satchritha Page 52, it is given under the heading 'Devotees experiences', the Bhagavatgita sloka.

"Whosoever devoutly offers to me a leaf, a flower, or a fruit or water, of that pure hearted man I accept the offering". In the case of Sai Baba, if a devotee intended really to offer anything to Sai Baba, and if he afterwards forgot to offer the same, Baba reminded him or his friend about the offering and made him present it to Him and then accepted it and blessed the devotee."

I intended at Shirdi to offer roses to Baba and felt sad I had none with me. But Baba reminded me about the offering at Mysore accepted and blessed me.

I offered only one, but He blessed me with many. Like Dakshina (Page 81 Sai Satcharitha) He blessed me with more than what He had received!

Smt. Vijaya Gopalakrishna

Mysore 570 002.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Facebook Comments