Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Sai Leelas  (Read 25135 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Sai Leelas
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2005, 02:03:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • MY SHIRDI YATRA (September 1986)

From 1978 onwards I had been going to Bombay a number of times every year, but my desire to go to Shirdi somehow could not be fulfilled. It is rightly said that nobody can go to Shirdi on his own accord, unless Baba wills it. It proved to be so in my case also.

Last year, when my tour to Bombay was finalised, I had an over­whelming desire to make use of the opportunity to go to Shirdi but I was in a dilemma as to how I could go there being a new place and the route unknown to me. All the same, I felt that I would be able to make it this time.

When I approached my superior officer with a request for leave, he readily agreed. On that day, when I came home another surprise awaited me. My nephew, an ardent Sai devotee came via Mangalore using his student concession ticket by Indian Airlines. He was leaving for Bombay on 11th of that month whereas I was to leave for Bombay the next day. I was so happy at this turn of event and told him of my plan to visit Shirdi. He in turn promised me that he would make necessary booking for both of us from Bombay Central by bus on the following Saturday night and he would accompany me to Shirdi as it was vacation for him.

On reaching Bombay I went to Ambarnath at my sister's place and to my surprise I found my father there. He also wanted me to take him to Shirdi. Subsequently, on Sunday morning of that week, we three reached Shirdi at 6 O'clock without any trouble. I felt so light-hearted on stepping on the holy soil of Shirdi. I forgot all about my sleep, fatigue and tiredness of the journey.

My nephew took me straight to Sansthan for booking the accommodation but we were told that we would have to wait upto 8 O'clock. As we were standing there undecided, an employee of Sansthan in uniform suggested to us to take a locker for keeping our belongings on payment of 50 paise. He showed us the way behind the Sansthan building where we could get water etc.

There we found a number of people having their bath sitting on a stone with one bucket of water, which was served to them by some women on duty for Rs,2/-. As we were waiting there a muslim boy standing nearby volunteered to take us to a building nearby where there was plenty of water as well as bathroom, lavatory etc. Being Keralites, a fresh cold water bath was what we wanted.

We had a good bath by the grace of Baba and left for Samadhi Mandir. On the way, we bought garlands, flowers, naivedya etc. from a shop nearby. The shop­keeper led us to the main queue, which was very long. When we were nearing the mahasamadhi, we observed that we could not ourselves garland Baba's samadhi and had to hand over the pooja materials and garlands to the Poojari waiting for that purpose. We handed over the pooja materials to the Poojari and on getting the prasad, we came out.

Just then new abhisheka coupons were being issued from the counter nearby. Without losing time we joined the queue. As we were reaching almost near the counter the sale of coupons stopped and they told us to wait there for one hour or so for the next batch. Then we realised that since morning we had not taken any food.

We were all quite hungry and remembered Baba's dictum that one should not seek Baba on an empty stomach. So we decided to partake the prasad available with us. As we were waiting I observed that all people in the queue had garland in their hands and also pooja materials, whereas we had already offered the same to the poojary.

I had a keen desire to buy a garland which I had bought earlier and asked the watchman standing nearby from where I could get a garland. He gave me the direction to the nearby shop and allowed me to go. I went to the shop asked for the garland which I wanted.

The shop-keeper told me that it would cost Rs.25/-whereas I had bought it for Rs.5/- in the morning. As I was standing undecided, another shop-keeper a few yards away called me from behind and shouted that he would give the garland for Rs.5/- which was a great surprise to me. I bought the garland, ran back and joined the queue and after getting coupon, we were directed to go to Samadhi Mandir.

There, we were allowed to go one by one and garland Baba's Moorthi which was a great experience. As soon as I stepped on the Samadhi, a stillness took control of me and I offered dakshina as per my vow and also sat near the Baba's Samadhi and touched the Samadhi with my forehead and finally garlanded Baba's moorthi and made pranams to the holy feet of Baba's moorthy. Then we went to Dwaraka-mayee. There we saw Baba's beautiful life like oil painting where I did Namaskar and sat near the dhuni where some mud pots are kept.

Some people there were reciting slokas from Bagavat Geetha. I also felt an inner urge to recite Vishnu Sahasranama as I do every day morning at 5°clock regularly, which is dear to Baba.

My nephew agreed to wait outside Dwarakamayee for me to finish the recitation. As I started my recitation I proposed a test in my mind that before I complete my recitation if Dr. Babaji happens to come there, it is an indication that Baba had accepted my humble offering. While standing in the queue I had heard earlier from somebody that Dr. Babaji was camping at Shirdi. I had only read about Dr. Babaji but had not seen him in person.

As I was just finishing my recitation of Vishnu Sahasra Nama, a tall fair looking gentleman came there, wearing a white pyjama and kurta and with a japamala in his hand. He climbed up and went near Baba's portrait and did Namaskar and touched the nimbar and slowly went back. I also completed my recitation and my inner sense told me that this tall looking gentleman was Dr. Babaji.

After complet­ing my recitation I came down and asked my nephew whether the gentleman going down was Dr. Babaji. He said, 'May be'. So we decided to go and ask Dr. Babaji himself who was walking slowly towards Samadhi Mandir.

On asking the gentleman whether he was Dr. Babaji, he curtly replied that he was not. I felt dejected and went back. Then we thought of taking a pradikshina covering Baba's chavadi building and Gurusthan etc. As I went to Chavadi we saw Baba's dormitory as well as the cot in which Baba"s holy body was kept and had bath, last time.

We asked the Sanyasins there whether we could see Dr. Babaji and he directed us near a bookstall and told us that Dr. Babaji stayed there. As we went in front of the bookstall, we saw the same gentleman who told us that he was not Dr. Babaji, sitting inside. The shop-keeper prevented us from going near him as he came out after finishing his meal we bowed to him.

Dr. Babaji said that he was coming to Samadhi Mandir for noon Aarti and then we could see him there. It was just 12°clock. We hurried to Samadhi Mandir. There were a lot of people and there was heavy rush. Somehow, I got standing room at the farther end of the Samadhi Mandir hall. I stood holding the rope tied in the centre. As I was trying to have a view of the Aarti I was disappointed. Then I bent down like a child and then I could see the entire Samadhi and Aarti that was going on there.

The Aarti ceremony was something beyond my imagination. During the Aarti we could feel the presence of real Sakti there. The whole place was vibrating with the spiritual power. Something powerful was pulling us towards the Samadhi.

The experience is inexplicable and beyond words and as soon as the Aarti ceremony was over we saw Dr. Babaji going into a room along with other sanyasins. We rushed in through the crowd and touched the feet of Dr. Babaji. I wanted to talk to him and he asked to come at 3 °clock. Then he just tapped my forehead. So we left him and went for meals.

As we had booked our journey back to Bombay at 2.30 p.m. by state transport bus, it was difficult to meet Dr. Babaji at 3°clock. 1 was sad that I could not meet him. After seeing Lendibaug etc. we got into our bus at 2.30 p.m. Next to me was sitting a Gujarati Engineer turned businessman.

While talking about his business he suddenly took his purse and presented to me a picture which he had made in his factory. It was a beautiful card size photo of Balagopala. I felt this is Baba's prasad to me as I had recited Vishnu Sahasra Nama in Dwarakamayee. Throughout our journey, we had no problem and we reached safely Bombay and then returned to our town, after I had completed my work at Bombay.

C.P. Nambiar,

Kerala.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOURCE SAILEELA MAGAZINE

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #46 on: December 16, 2005, 09:22:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • SAI BABA MY SAVIOUR AND PROTECTOR (September 1986)

I had never heard the name of Sai Baba nor of the town of Shirdi. It appeared as if Sai Baba was himself calling me towards him.

One day he sent to me one of his devotees whom I had never known before, who told me that I should visit Shirdi along with him. I replied to him that I had not heard the name of Shirdi and Shirdi Sai Baba and therefore was totally ignorant about his name and place. He then brought some Books of Baba in Hindi and English for me. When I read through these Books, I was much impressed by the incidents narrated in these Books. Then I decided to visit Shirdi.

Before my visit to Shirdi I had been having so many personal problems which were solved by him on my praying, I give below details of some of the incidents of my protection and his grace for the benefit of other devotees.

1.       In November, 1984, I started from my Bank at Chandni Chowk, Delhi to my residence alongwith my Brief-case containing valuable documents, keys etc. valuing about Rs. 2 lacs. My car was parked in front of the Red Fort (Delhi) and before opening the lock of the Car, I left the Brief-case on the ground and forgot to lift it and keep in the Car. I immediately started the car and reached near the Samadhi of Mr. Sanjay Gandhi i.e. about 1 Km. from Red Fort, when I noticed that my Brief-case was not in the Car. I at once realised the misfortune and disaster which I was facing. I was totally perplexed and was about to weep. I stopped my car and prayed to Sai Baba. After a moment a divine voice came that I should go back to the place where I had parked my car.

I immediately rushed to the Red Fort and it took me about 30 minutes to reach there because of heavy rush of traffic at 7.00 p.m. With great difficulty I reached the place where my car was parked. To my great astonishment my Brief-case was lying there intact as I had left it, without any article missing. Tears of joy flowed from my eyes. I went to Sai Baba temple at Lodhi Road (New Delhi) to thank him for his kind protection and mercy upon me.

2.       Udi of Sai Baba: I was suffering from Cervical Spondylosis for the last 3-4 years. When I went to Shirdi I brought, back Sai Baba's Vibhuti (Udi) and then began to apply it on my neck, forehead and heart. Since then I have no complaint of Spondylosis. One day while I was sitting in my office I had a severe pain in my left arm, which became unbearable. I immediately applied Udi and took some in the water. I was thinking of going to the Doctor in the evening, but after taking a pinch of Udi in water the pain totally disappeared by the evening and thereafter I did not go to the Doctor.

3.       Recently my younger sister Lakshmi was suffering from cancer which was in an advanced stage. I gave her Udi in water twice or thrice daily and she died a very peaceful death without any suffering.

4.       I myself and my wife had been to U.S.A. in May, 1985. There my younger son Shri V.C. Kansal was having some problem in his factory where he was employed, and similarly his wife was also having some trouble in the Hospital where she was employed. They both prayed to Sai Baba and after few days their problems were solved entirely to their satisfaction.

5.       My eldest son Shri K.C. Kansal took us in his car to Geeta Temple in New York. I was astonished to see Sai Baba's statue installed in the temple. We never expected to see it in New York! It was all his grace that we had his Darshan in New York also.

I have narrated the above instances for the benefit of other devotees, so that they may pray to Sai Baba for any problem or difficulty, which may arise in their life.

R.R.

Delhi-110 092.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOURCE SAILEELA MAGAZINE.

subhasrini
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #47 on: December 27, 2005, 01:44:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • SAI'S AFFECTION TOWARDS US (September 1986)

On 30th January, 1986, one of my colleagues in the office approached me and offered "SAI PRASADAM", as she had per­formed "SAI POOJA" on that day being Thursday. I never knew her as a Sai Devotee, until the day when she gave me the Sai Prasa-dam. I asked her where she performed the pooja. She replied that she had performed the pooja in Gestetner Operators' Room, where a calender with Sai's photo was hung on the wall. I enquired with her, why she could not do pooja at home? She said that she had no picture of Sai. I at once decided to give her one photograph of Sai for her pooja.

In the evening, after returning home, I told my wife to pack the Sai photo in our home for presenting it to my colleague. My wife did not agree with me. She objected to giving the photo from the house. She advised me to give a new photo, if at all I desired to give. I did not listen to my wife and decided to give the photo, which I kept last time for my "SAPTHAHAM POOJA".

As usual, I performed Sai Bhajan with my family members in the night and distributed the prasadam. This was completed by 8 P.M. At about 8.30 P.M. my temperature rose upto 102°F. My wife gave me some medicine and also Baba's UDI. Inspite of all these, my temperature did not come down.

My wife was very much worried. Suddenly, in high fever, I thought that it would be better to listen to my wife's advice. Immediately I told my wife that I do not want to give Sai's Photo from the house to anybody, as SAI PRABHU does not like to leave us. I prayed to Sai with a request to excuse me for entertaining the idea of parting with His Photo. Immediately after the prayer, within minutes, my temperature came down to normal. I was able to converse with my people as usual. By next Thursday, I purchased a "SAI PHOTO" from a shop and gave it to my colleague for her pooja. I am reminded here of how Baba admoni­shed his devotee Kaka Mahajani for parting with a holy book given to him by Baba and giving it away to Madhavrao Deshpande. This teaches us a lesson that any photograph or book of Saibaba which we use for our daily worship should not be given away, no matter who asks for it.

G. Nagaraja Rao,

Hyderabad 500 012.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOURCE SAILEELA

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #48 on: December 27, 2005, 03:51:29 PM »
  • Publish
  • SHIRDI SAI VIBHUTI LEELA (August 1983) by Dr.K. Ram Kumar

The holy ash from the eternal fire at Shirdi is curing many disease miraculously.   The troubles of those, who meditate on Sai Baba with firm faith and great devotion disappear without fail.    An incident is given below showing the miraculous powers of the vibhuthi of Sai Baba.

Shri Janardhan Reddy a resident of Bolaram, Secunderabad, is a contractor.   At first, he did not believe in Sai Baba; but his wife Sulochana Devi had great devotion and firm faith in Him.    She was daily worshipping Sai Baba with deep reverence.   Janardhan Reddy had the vices of smoking and drinking liquor.   Due to excessive drinking, he had an attack of jaundice.    His kidney was also affected and he developed diabetes, but he did not inform his family members about it.   One day on 14th May, 1965 at 7. am his condition deteriorated.   His family members admitted him in Osmania Hospital.   Janardhan Reddy was only 32 years old at that time, Blood and glucose were transfused to him.   As urine was blocked, it had to be removed through a tube.    His children were terrified at his condition which worsened day by day.   He went into coma and the doctors lost all hopes of saving him.

His wife Sulochana Devi went to Sadguru Dr. Sai Kumar and prayed to him to visit her husband.   Sadguru went to the hospital and examined him and said.    "The chances of his survival are meager.  Only God can save him."  Sulochana Devi pleaded with Sadguru to save her husband.  Consoling her, Sadguru said "There is nothing in my hands.    May Baba help you"  and gave her a small packet of vibhuthi.

As directed by Sadguru, Sulochana Devi rubbed the vibhuthi on her husband's legs, chest, stomach and waist, chanting the holy words, "Om Sai, Shirdi Sai, Dwarakamai" with devotion.    She repeated by holy words upto 1.00 am as she was determined to save her husband's life.  But after that she fell fast asleep upto 3.00 am.

During this period between 1.00 am and 3.00 am Janardhan Reddy had a strange dream.   Sai Baba appeared in the dream and poured a herbal mixture in both his nostrils.    When Sulochana Devi woke up at 3.00 am she saw the pillow of her husband wet and yellow.  A yellow fluid was flowing from her husband's nose.  Becoming afraid, Sulochana Devi called the doctors on duty.    They found improvement in Shri Reddy's pulse; but none of them realised the intervention of Sai Baba.   Next day, Janardhan Reddy regained consciousness for sometime.  Once again, there was yellow fluid oozing from his nose.    The doctors examined the patient; but they were unable to diagnose the case correctly.   On the third night, another strange incident happened.   As usual, Sulochana Devi applied vibhuthi to her husband's body and sitting on the edge of the bed she was chanting the holy words "Om Sai, Shirdi Sai, Dwarakamai" At about midnight, Janardhan Reddy was blessed by another strange dream.    Baba appeared in the dream and with His divine hand applied vibhuthi on Reddy's body.   Then Baba kicked him with His foot.   Janardhan Reddy fell from the bed with a big sound.    Hearing the noise Sulochana Devi woke up from her meditation and was surprised to see her husband lying on the floor.   The tubes supplying oxygen, glucose and blood to him along with the tubes used to remove urine were all lying on the bed as if some one removed them carefully.    Wishing to know whether her husband was alive or not, Sulochana Devi went near him.   She was pleasantly surprised to hear her husband repeating the name of Sai Baba.   He was saying, "please all of you repeat the name "Om Sai, Shirdi Sai, Dwarakamai", worship Baba.    Baba !  Baba ! don't leave me"   Tears rolled down Sulochana Devi's eyes for she was very much amazed and happy to see her husband chant the name of her Lord Sai, who till that moment did not believe in Baba.   The doctors were surprised to see Janardhan Reddy speaking.   They enquired of Janardhan Reddy, as to who removed the oxygen cylinder, glucose and the blood tubes.   Janardhan Reddy told them, "My Lord, My Baba came last night and removed them."     The doctors were unable to understand Janardhan Reddy's words.   The chief doctor was also not able to diagnose the patient's case correctly.   To his astonishment, he found the patient's breathing was fast improving and there was no necessity to give him glucose or blood.    In another 14 days, Janardhan Reddy recovered completely.   X-ray, blood and urine tests revealed that everything was normal in his health and was therefore discharged from the hospital.

At last, the day dawned when Janardhan Reddy, who thought Baba to be a mere fakir, prayed to Him with deep reverence and Love.    He became an ardent devotee of Baba and gave up the vices of smoking and drinking.  Sulochana Devi brought him to Sadguru and expressed her gratitude to him.   "I cannot describe the greatness and leelas of Shirdi Sai Baba.    The all merciful Baba answers the call of His pure devotees.   We must pay our respectful thanks to Baba whose vibhuthi is miraculously curing thousands of devotees".
    Janardhan Reddy, Sulochana Devi and their children are now leading happy lives, leaving everything to the will of the Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Ominiscient Sai Baba.

Dr. K. Ram Kumar
    Secretary Sai Kumar, Vyadhi Nivarana Ashram
    Secunderabad 25 (A.P)

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAILEELA MAGAZINE

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #49 on: December 27, 2005, 05:38:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • Devotee's Experience :  
    Contributed by Vineet

Dear Baba Devotees,

OM SAI RAM.

These three words have lot of strength and I am firm believer that anybody who remembers Baba from his heart will find him next to him within no time. I have been Baba's follower since 1995. I have many experiences which I would have loved to share with all of you but one of them is very inspiring.

My sister was getting married on Feb 28th,2002 and all the family members were busy in purchasing new jewellery , clothes, etc. We had just returned home after my sisters engagement and were just waiting for the big day which was just two -three days away. Suddenly my father walks over to me and says that he cannot trace my sisters wedding jewellery packet which was there in his pocket and he can't find it. We start looking for it at all the places in the house but all in vain. I saw tears in the eyes of my father as it was substantial amount of jewellery and it was a big loss before the marriage.

In Hindu dharma loss of jewellery before any auspicious occasions is considered a very bad omen. We all were worried and sat down and started thinking about our days activities and suddenly my father gets up and says he will go the market where he did his shopping in the daytime. It was 11:30 pm at that time. I also got dressed up and went along with him to that shopping place but due to darkness we could not see anything but still we tried to search here and there and tried to find the packet or pouch. We searched for an half and hour and then came back home with lot of pressure on our heads.

My father sits down with his head down and we go to sleep after sometime but he kept sitting. I started praying to Sai Baba on my bed to help us find the packet and said that Baba if you really exist then show us some miracle and help us. I had never done this before. After about ten minutes my father screams and say "Mil gaya" FOUND......Baba had shown his miracle and saved us from a very heavy loss. The packet has fallen behind the almirah due to so much of stuff in the house and we would never have found it until Baba would have helped us. Om Sai Ram. We went to Delhi's Sai Baba Mandir and thanked Sai Baba for being there whenever we needed him.

Baba is everywhere just feel him and keep on saying Om Sai Ram to whom so ever you meet. OM SAI RAM

I even say OM SAI RAM to fellow friends at office in Vancouver, Canada. Due to Baba's blessings we have been blessed a sweet girl Soumya when everybody was saying that my wife will not be able to deliver and we would have to abort. She had a normal delivery in Canada and she traveled from India to Canada when she was in her seven month as my visa was expiring. So Baba is great . Trust him and he will show you the right path.

"MAY SAI BABA BLESS EVERYBODY"

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #50 on: January 02, 2006, 04:41:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • WHAT A MERCY! (September 1985)

My first visit to the Holy Shirdi was some 14 or 15 years ago when I had been to Bombay. From Bombay I went via Manmad upto Kopargaon by rail and then from Kopargaon to Shirdi by road. My joy knew no bounds when I was accommodated in the upper floor attached to the Samadhi Mandir. An impressive peaceful atmos­phere prevailed everywhere and words fail to express the bliss and happiness I felt by the darshan of Shri Sai Baba. I stayed at Shirdi for a day or two and then returned to Palghat, my home town which is in Kerala State.

My second visit to the Holy Shrine at Shirdi was some four years back. This time my wife was also with me and we went by road from Poona to Shirdi. My brother and his family also accompanied us from Poona. We went on a Thursday and had to return the same day. I had some vague recollection of Shirdi, on account of my first visit, but the development and growth of the place was beyond imagination, and I could not identify the location of even Dwarakamai and a guide was required for this purpose. A big township with many shops and buildings had come up. After the noon Aarati we returned. Since I could spend only a very few hours at Shirdi, I was not very happy. But I had to console myself with thinking that it might be Sai Baba's will that I should return on the same day. Baba's golden words came to my mind "I draw to me, my men from far off or even across seven seas like a sparrow with a string fastened to its feet."

My third visit to Shirdi was during March 1984. My son had just finished his S.S.L.C. examination and I wanted to take him also to Shirdi to pray for his success in the examination. My daughter was staying at Bellary and my idea was to go to her first and then from there to Shirdi. Though it was a crowded season, by Baba's grace without any difficulty we got reservation upto Ahamednagar via Dhond. We got down at Ahamednagar at 5 A.M. on Monday 27th March and we reached Shirdi by bus at about 9 A.M. Soon after we got down from the bus, a boy approached us and took us to the enquiry office of the Shirdi Sansthan. He never waited for our thanks and disappeared just in the same way as he appeared. This incident was as if pre arranged by Baba, that is the only explanation. By Baba's grace we were allotted a bath attached double room for two days in Sai Prasad, the building attached to the Bhojanagriha.

After taking bath we hurried to the Mandir. As for my son, it was his first visit and we were very anxious and eager to have the blissful darshan. My heart was bursting with excitement when I entered the Mandir. On looking at the idol of Shri Sai Baba, a thrill went through me and the unique experience of divine bliss is indescribable. My eyes were simply flooded with tears of joy and adoration and I was in a state of supreme happiness. I left the Mandir after the Noon Aarati and I had the feeling of some big load relieved from my head. Baba's words "If you look up to me, I look after you" came to my mind and I had a deep feeling that I had come under the loving protection and care of Sai.

From the Mandir we went to Dwarakamai and were there for some time sitting under Baba's life-like portrait kept there. The ever blazing sacred Dhuni kindled by Baba, the grinding stone and the Big Stone on which Baba used to sit are all there as if in daily use. We drank some holy water kept there in the mud pot and applied "Udi" to our foreheads and put a little in our mouths. While leaving Dwarakamai the divine manthra "Sai Baba" "Sai Baba" was on our lips. A mysterious stream of faith enveloped us and Baba's words "Why fear when I am here" came to our minds.

We also paid a visit to the Khandoba Mandir whose priest was Mahlsapathy. Mahlsapathy was a perfectly pure, righteous and religious minded person who was more or less free from worldly desires. It was Mahlsapathy's good fortune that he could notice young Baba, along with a bride-groom's party of Moslems headed by Chand Bhai Patel of Dhupkeda. The marriage party came to Shirdi in carts and were getting down near the Khandoba temple. Mahlsapathy happened to see this and when Baba got down from the cart he accosted him as "YA SAI" and it is after this that our Lord became known as SAI BABA. After a few minutes when Baba expressed his desire to stay in the Khandoba temple, Mahlsapathy with his conservative outlook of an orthodox Hindu, objected to this proposal of a person staying in a Hindu temple and showed him the and showed him the dilapidated and vacant mosque where he could stay. Later, it was this Mahlsapathy who turned into a zealous admirer and an ardent worshipper of Baba. It was this Mahlsapathy who first worshipped Baba with flowers, sandal, milk etc. after getting inside the Mosque. Other devotees were waiting for this chance and in a short time this magnificient growth and development of puja offered to Baba in the mosque turned the mosque finally into a "Dwarakamai". Is not this in itself a wonderful Leela of SAI?

The two days of our stay at Shirdi passed off very pleasantly and we very much wanted to stay for the third day because it happened to be a Thursday, when there would be the spectacular Chavadi pro­cession which we had never seen. But we had accommodation only for 2 days and accommodation for the third day could be made available only with the special permission of the Sansthan Manager. Again by the grace of Baba we could get the permission for the mere asking and we were overwhelmed with joy and pride thinking that Baba is always with us.

Thursday being an auspicious day for Sai devotees there was a huge crowd of pilgrims right from the early morning. The Mandir was fully packed from the Kakad Aarati to the Noon Aarati. We also offered prayers at the Grurpadukasthan and the Mahadev, Shani and Ganesh temples. At night the devotees flocked to see the Chavadi procession. One is really fortunate to witness and participate in this holy procession. We had the feeling that we were transported to the Heaven on Earth.

On the next day early morning we left Shirdi with prayers on our lips for blessings to conduct the Shirdi pilgrimage again and again. My son was an average student and he offered prayers for his success in his S.S.L.C. examination. Now the results have come and he is placed in a creditable First Class. What more do' we want? What a Mercy!

Prof. P.R. Menon

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

COURTESY SAILEELA

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #51 on: January 02, 2006, 05:09:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • POTENCY OF DIVINE PRESENCE (SEPTEMBER 1985)

As a Sai-devotee, each one of us is a perfect, immortal soul. The imperfections that we express through our habits and moods, through sickness and failure, are not a part of our real nature. We have deeply identified ourselves with mortal consciousness unthink­ingly accepting its limitations.

I begin my day with a prayer, "Oh, Sainath, Help me to realise that I am not this body, not my moods and habits. Make me feel that I am ever Thy child made in Thy flawless image.'

Sai Satcharita is full of incidents describing manifestation of Lord Sainath to many of His devotees, purely out of love for them. When we leave behind all else and take the supreme plunge into infinite Sai-bliss, He will manifest Himself in our lives too. Mhalsapathy had vision of Sai when he went to Jejuri on a pilgrimage. Sai Baba appeared as Gholap Maharaj, the Guru of Mule Sastri, to overcome the tatter's prejudice against Baba. We also come across many instances of Baba appearing as or identifying Himself with other saints to B.V. Dev, Mrs. Khaparde and others.

Therefore when we turn our thoughts and love within, we shall find the eternal, loving, jovous Sainath, who is always with us. In every phase of our life — in our work, prayer, struggles with difficult­ies, enjoyment of simple pleasures — we must continually be anchored inwardly to the thought of "Sairam; Sairam; Sairam".

In November 1983, due to some tribulations in my professional life, Lord Sainath kindled in my heart a keen desire to realise His infinite love. He prompted me to undertake a pilgrimage to several shrines and holy rivers. Accordingly I joined a conducted trip of South India.

On the night of 16th November 1983, we reached Tirumalai Hills — the abode of Lord Balaji, The intense cold and chilly weather did not allow me a wink of sleep and in the early hours of 17th November, i.e. around 3 a.m., I left the cottage and went straight to get my beard, moustache and head shaved symbolising self-surrender. After a refreshing bath, I joined the queue for Lord Balaji's darshan with incessant recitation of Vishnu-Sahasra-Namam. As I finished the fifth recitation, I was ushered into the sanctum sanct­orum — the holy presence of Lord Balaji.

As I looked at the magnificient Lord Balaji, an immense flash of light at once manifested to my gaze. Instead of Lord Balaji, I saw Lord Sainath standing in front of me and blessing me. The celestial response is difficult to describe; my heart was thrilled.

"Oh Sainath, Thou art all in all to thy slave. Thou art the sole protector in the world. Men are deluded when they declare — 'I do this, I do that, this is mine, that is mine.' All is thine Oh, Sai Ram, and all things are done by thee alone. Thy slave's one prayer to thee is to take him under thy complete guidance and remove his ‘I-ness."

Lord Sainath heard my prayer. My heart heaved a deep sigh. The vision vanished, but the silvery beams expanded in ever widening circles to infinity. With a thrill of inexpressible joy coursing through my spine, which made me quiver like a leaf in the breeze, I returned to the cottage, all the while musing over the incident recorded in the Bible :-

"The Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night and God said, Ask what I shall give thee. And Solomon said:- Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart — and God said unto him... Because thou hast asked this thing and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies;..... but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgement;.... Behold, I have done according to thy words; so, I have given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches and honour...." (King 3 : 5-13).

From Tirumalai hills, we left for Kalahasthi, Tiruttani, Madras and Kanchi. We reached Tiruvannamalai, the abode of Bhagawan Ramana on the 20th November 1983. We visited Sri Ramanashram, which is at the foot of Arunachala hills. All of us fell prostrate at Bhagawan Ramana's shrine. It is really a blessed place as Sri Ramana lived there. I joined a group of devotees in the meditation hall. A big photograph of Sri Ramana adorned the platform. In that lively picture, there was on his face a calmness and in his large eyes, a passionless look of tenderness, which cast a spell of peace and joy on all those who come there. I meditated on Bhagawan Ramana.

As I was thus bowing down to him, the sea of the Master's compassion transcended all bounds. Sri Ramana vanished and I had a vision of Lord Sainath there too. I went into a state of divine semi-consciousness and my joy knew no bounds. Unable to utter a single word owing to that wonderful occurrence, I was looking steadfastly at Lord Sainath. Soon the vision of the Master merged in the vision of Bhagawan Ramana who blessed me.

Oh, Sainath, that words can convey thy kindness to me! Ail glory to thee. While returning from Sri Ramanashram, all along, I was immersed in a strange ecstasy, tears flowing down profusely from my eyes. Whay joy undescribable! Oh! One moment of that existance outweighed all the pleasures of the world.

The truth of self-revelation of divine grace became clear to me when I came across the words of Sufi-Saint, Sheikh Sadi of Iran (Sufis, Mystics and Yogis of India by Bankey Behari Pp., 38-39) :-

"Very right is thy faith and pride in His grace,

And true it is that it works,

Like rain shower on a tilled field."

Further, Baba Farid has sung in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib of the Sikhs, as follows:-

"His grace may fall on us at any time. There is no definite rule regulating it. Some do not get it even after performing great austerities and night-long vigils; Whilst it is forced on those who He asleep."

What austerities have I performed to deserve Sai-vision twice? Sainath Himself in His mercy inspired me to perform this pilgrimage for realising His oneness with Lord Balaji and Bhagawan Ramana. After all, who am I — an ordinary mortal — to deserve this grace? It is Sainath's will and power. I am absolutely nothing. Now Sainath is with me evenmore. The world may forsake me but He forsakes me . never.

Dear Devotees, I am sharing this experience with you as there is nothing in this world more thrilling, more intoxicating, more blissful, more satisfying than Lord Sainath — the Beloved Mother, Father, Divine Being, Friend. He is our one and only True Love!

When Lord Sainath is once convinced that it is He alone whom we want, that it is to Him alone that we turn, then He accepts us with all our weakness and shortcomings. Then Sainath takes us by the hand and He walks with us, and He talks with us and He assures us that we are His own.

Dr. C.R. Vijayakumar,

Karnataka.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAILEELA MAGAZINE

subhasrini

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #52 on: January 02, 2006, 11:23:20 PM »
  • Publish
  • OMSAIRAM!THANKYOU SUBHADRA DEAR.
    I had a tearful reading.
    JUST LOVED IT.
    THANKYOU BABA.

JISKE SIR UPAR TU SAI WOH DUKH KAISA PAAYE!

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM

dipika duggal
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #53 on: January 03, 2006, 07:20:21 AM »
  • Publish
  • For all the sai Devotees,
                                      Iam Srinivas
    Sarma,today i think yu r all blessed by Sri Shirdi Sai
    baba by knowing this News,Recently an incident has
    been ocuured in my life regarding the Lord Sri Shirdi
    Sai.I am feeling so good in revealing this Miracle to
    the world........,iam a sai devotee and serving shri
    shiridi sai as a  purohith(pujari)
                                      On 29th september at
    6:00AM i ve seen saibaba as shown in the following
    picture on trunk of a tree(named maredu) when i ve
    gone to cut the leaves of that Maredu Tree for the
    Abhishekam of The Lord SHIVA.
                                      Thereafter nearly
    10,000 people have seen this miracle upto 48 hours,I
    have given so many interview in TV Channels also about
    this Miracle, after 2 days the trunk of the tree was
    taken its normal position.
                                      i want to anounce
    this news to all the sai devotees on be half of my
    Birthday thats y i made this much of delay in
    revealing this news.
                                      Since 5 years, Iam
    serving lord Sai baba,as well as  participating in all
    the devotional programmes related to Sai Baba.Because
    of this,I was Blessed by the Sai Baba in the form of
    this Miracle.
                                       Finally,Wat I want
    to say is,Iam Professionally a Purohith(Baba Pujari)
    named Srinivas Sarma in Visakhapatnam.This is not at
    all a created thing it has been observed by my
    eyes.Moreover we r serving so many social related
    programmes like poor feeding etc.Those who r
    interested to join as a member or participating in
    these programmes can mail me at this id
                      eswarasai_sevapeetham@yahoo.co.in

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #54 on: January 03, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »
  • Publish
  • BABA VISITED OUR HOUSE AS A BLIND MAN

On the very auspicious day of Guru Poomima in the year 1985, we conducted Sri Sai Nama Sankeertana at our house in Hyderabad. Baba's devotees thronged our hall. For 3 hours we performed Nama Sankeertana under the auspicious of Sai Ankita Bhakta Sri D. Sankarayya Garu.

A old blind man, clad in a white dhoti and Kafini and white cloth tied around his head entered the hall where we were doing Nama Japa. As our staircase room was at a corner, it is very difficult for strangers to locate and we all wondered, how this blind man having no two eyes, found the stair case climbed it and came. He sat in a comer. He asked whether we do the Bhajan on every Sunday and we answered that we do it once in a way. Again he asked that why it was not informed this to him. Then I said that I had not seen him before and asked for his address but he did not give proper answer and kept quite.

A few devotees of Baba believed that Baba came in disguise and advised me to send him after giving food. My son Krishna Kishore was not aware of all this and offered him help to descend the stair case as stair case is full with footwear. He said that he would go after hearing Doctor's speech (Dr. Sudhakar Maharaj). A few minutes before this, my husband requested Sri Dr. Sudhakar Maharaj to speak a few words about Baba. I wondered how this blind man came to know that Maharaj was a Doctor. As that man wanted to stay for some more time my son went and sat somewhere close to stair case door. My husband sat by the side of the old man. Dr. Sudhakar Maharaj spoke about devotion and dedication. After a few minutes, when I looked that side, where the stranger sat, he was not there. That old man had a hefty personality and my husband would have known, if at all he left the crowded room. Doors of stair case room were ajar and none of the devotees who sat blocking the way, remember him going away, we could not make head or tail of how and why he disappeared. Then slowly we all realized that he was none other than Sri Sai Baba.

Once again we performed Sai Nama Sankeertana in our house at Hyderabad on 10th August, 1986.

A few devotees experienced certain Leelas of Sri Sai Baba who attended the Nama Sankeertana.

One of the devotees felt as if he received an electric shock soon after entering our house.

Another devotee got a vision of Sri Dattatreya Swami, while meditating.

Sri Sai blessed my husband by placing His hand on my husband's head and as a proof for that my husband's head emulated sweet smell.

All these are experiences of Baba's compassion.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #55 on: January 03, 2006, 01:29:02 PM »
  • Publish
  • INCIDENTS OF SAI'S GRACE EXPERIENCED BY MY HUSBAND

In December 10, 1986, a young boy came to our residence, approached my husband and said eagerly, "I want to see Baba" and also added "I am not asking for money, just show where Baba is". For this my husband replied "Who am I to show Him?" I am also like you and added that Baba will give darshan at His desire only and not as per my wish. Inspite of this, the boy was not consoled. Then my husband took him to Pooja Mandir and asked him to pray Lord Sai Nath Himself. My eyes were filled with tears, looking at that boy crying loudly for Baba's Darshan.

That night, when my husband was meditating, Sri Sai gave darshan and said, "you know who came to you in the morning and cried? It was me only". Later on, we felt that Baba had tested us whether we have any AHANKAR (Ego) within ourselves by advising the boy to follow our directions to solicit Baba's Darshan. We also felt why this test for us since we hardly know any other thing, except praying for Lord Sai Nath. Later on, when we consulted Sri Sivanesan Swameeji regarding this test, he said "Unless and Untill one does not suffer such pain, one will not attain the Darshan of Baba. To make you aware of this only, He made you to experience this 'Leela'. Thus, Sri Sivanesan Swamiji cleared our doubt and ignorance.

Sri Sai Nath's temple was constructed in Tallapur, a place situated near B.H.E.L. at Hyderabad. Since, my husband was the temple's Reception Committee Convenor, he had to play an active role pertaining to the temple activities. During the installation of Sri Sai Idol, we had participated in "N^MA JAPA" for nine days. One night, in a dream Baba gave darshan to my husband and was holding my husband's hand and took him for a 'PRADAKSHINA' around the temple and left him exactly at the temple entrance (MUKHA DWAR) and walked away' into the sanctum sanctorum. After the installation of the Idol is completed the Idol of Baba looked so radiant with full of life and easily stole away the hearts of the devotees.

Everybody is aware of the significance of the place Ganugapur -the exact incarnation of Sri Datta i.e., Sri Narasimha Saraswathi Swamy whose 'PADHUKAS' were installed there. My husband after having bathed at the confluence of the rivers Bheema -Amaraja, sat in meditation. While meditating, he had the darshan of Sri Narasimha Saraswathi Swamy. who took him to 'PANCHA GANGA S ANGAM KSHETRA and made him bathe there. Many holy persons are seen performing penance there. Later, my husband was shown his previous births. My husband was told that in his next birth, he would be a Fakir wearing green Colour clothes and that would be his last birth.

Sri Rama Jogeswhar Rao Garu of Amalapuram, a friend of my brother Sri Haragopal is well-versed in 'NADI SASTRA' told my husband that he would be having only one birth and would be born in a Brahmin community. My husband may be a bachelor in the next birth and accept 'SANYASAM', FAKIR or SANYASI, both are same in the viewpoint of Baba. My husband felt happy that whoever he would take birth, he would take-up the right path and reach his destination towards realisation of God.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #56 on: January 03, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • SHIRDI SAI BABA FINDS LOST PROPERTY (September 1983)

Police complaint all over the town was made.   I started praying
    frantically to Sai Baba.  Now my faith in Him and His powers were under
    test.    I had full faith in Him.  On Thursday, I went to Sai Baba’s temple
    as usual and prayed.  

There I asked the Panditji (Shyam by name) about the
    scooter.   He said ‘a thing lost on Tuesday is rarely fond.  But by Saturday
    evening the scooter will be found’.   Then he put two chits before Sai Baba
    one on which was written “will be found” and on another “will not be found”
    after sometime the Panditji picked up one chit.  I prayed and opened it.
    “Will be found” was the answer.  I was very happy.  

I thanked Baba.  

I went to office and told Mr. Aiyar everything that happened in the temple.  Then
    on Saturday there was a small party given by one advocate, who is also
    junior of Mr. Aiyar.   His wife, his two sons (Raghu and Shekhar) and
    another advocate, myself and the junior advocate were the ones at the party.

Mrs. Laxmi Aiyar (Mr. Aiyar’s wife), who is a very kind, nice and religious
    lady was a little disturbed about the scooter being lost.   The cost of the
    scooter is now nearly Rs.10,000/- or so and Mr. Aiyar was thinking of buying
    another one.  

I said, “Aunty, don’t worry; we will get the scooter back in
    tact.  Never mind, if we have to pay Rs.100/- or so towards expenses in
    repairing it.   I am going tomorrow to Shirdi and I will pray.

You don’t worry.  I am sure Baba will find it out.”  She said, “Never mind even if we
    have to spend about Rs.1,000/- for repairing it.   But I only hope that we
    find it out.”   Raghu and Shekhar both said that if the scooter is not found
    within a week then we won’t get it.  (It may be noted here that about 6 to 7
    scooters have been stolen from the court premises; but no news of them had
    still been received)   I told them not to worry for the scooter would
    definitely be found.   At the dining table the topic of the scooter again
    came up.  The Junior advocate, who gave us the party, said,  “Maya, you put
    Sai Baba’s sticker on Thursday and the scooter got lost.”   I was hurt.   I
    said in my mind, ‘because of Sai Baba’s sticker the scooter will be found’.
    I said, “Don’t worry, tomorrow I am going to Shirdi and when I come back the
    scooter will be found”.   Then the other advocate said, “How are you so sure
    ?”  I said, “You don’t know my Sai Baba’s superb powers”.

I took Re1.50 from Mr. Aiyar for putting in the box at Shirdi.   The next
    day I went to Shirdi.   All along I was praying to Baba that whatever time I
    reach Shirdi, I must get the ticket for doing Abhishek and that the scooter
    must be found.  Sure enough, through Baba’s grace I got tickets and did
    Abhishek.   That day the luster and glow that I saw on Baba’s face were
    really great.   I have been to Shirdi nearly 11 times; but before this I
    have never seen this glow on His face.   All along I could see His luminous
    smile.   I prayed for the scooter.   We came back the same day.

Next day (Monday) I went to office.    There will still no news about the
    scooter.  I was still praying.   When I came back from the court  I started
    complaining to Baba about the scooter still not being traced.   Then at
    about 5.30 p.m. I got a call from Shekhar, who told me that the scooter was
    “found”. My joy knew no bounds.  I told him that it was all Sai Baba’s
    grace.  He said, “Yes, everyone at home is also saying the same thing”.

I went near Sai Baba’s picture in my room and thanked Him and cried with
    you at His feet.
    In the evening when I went to the office Mr. Aiyar said, “Maya, really
    within 24 hours of your saying that You’ll go to Shirdi and scooter will be
    found; the scooter was found.  It is really Sai Baba’s grace.”   The police
    had found the scooter on Saturday evening near “Wonderland” a building on
    main street.

I took from Mr. Aiyar Rs.2.50 for Sai Baba.   Everyone was shocked as none
    of the others, who have lost the scooters, have found them. When the Junior
    advocate came to office, the next day I said, “The scooter is found.   You
    said that after sticking Sai Baba’s sticker the scooter was lost, but I say
    that because of Sai Baba’s sticker the scooter has been traced.”   He kept
    quiet.

Yes really it is my Baba who found the scooter.  The scooter was found
    intact only the petrol was over, and above all Sai Baba’s sticker was also
    intact.
    My million pranamas to my wonderful Baba.   “Cast your burden on Him and He
    will surely bear it for you”.

As Baba fond the mare of Chand Patil (Chapter V of Shri Sai Satcharita when
    the latter had given up all hopes of finding it)   He found Mr. Aiyar’s
    scooter for him, when he was nearly losing hopes of getting it back and
    buying a new one.
    I once again prostrate to My Sadguru Sai Baba.

Miss Maya Sadhwani
    Pune 411 001.

The experiences of Devotees as published in

Shri Sai Leela Magazine

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #57 on: January 06, 2006, 09:10:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • SAI KRIPA (September 1983)

Shri Sai Baba is watchful on his devotees.

He comes in different forms in order to help his devotees at the time of distress.

I would like to share one such incident that occurred recently.

After attending a marriage at Ongole on 25-7-1982 we had to come

back to Nellore on 27-7-1982 in connection with “Sravana Mangala

Vara Nomulu” ( a function which is performed by the newly wedded

bride for 5 years on all the Tuesdays of  “Sravana Masam”.)  

positively.   So, we had to start on 26-7-1982.

As all the buses were heavily crowded we could not catch the bus.  

We had to wait upto 9.00 pm.

My wife and myself could get into the bus when my mother and

grandmother could not.

It was decided that they should come on the early hours of

27-7-1982.  They left the bus stand after we boarded the bus.

When the bus was about to start, suddenly my wife asked me to get

down the bus as she felt that the others may not able to catch the

bus on the next day for attending the programme.

On enquiry at the RTC enquiry office, I was informed that the last

bus was at 11.30 pm and there were no buses till 7.00 am.

So, we decided to go to the bride’s house at Kothapet where my

mother and grand mother would be staying.

We engaged a rickshaw and went there, where we came to know that

they had left for my grand mother’s friend’s house which was

nearby.

On hearing the same we rushed to that house in vain.

Then I prayed to Baba that there may not be any difficulty for the

next day’s programme.

We came back to the bride’s residence.

As we were engaged in chit chatting, suddenly my mother came

there.

We were surprised to see her.

Then we rushed back to the bus stand.

On the way to the bus stand I asked my mother how she could come to

know that we were at the bride’s house.

Then she narrated the following incident.

As the bride’s residence was full of relatives, they were in a

dilemma whether to go to my grandfather’s house at Ramanagar which

is far off.

On their way while they were talking to their friends, a rickshaw

wallah came there and asked my mother whether they would like to

have a rickshaw.

My mother told him that they did not need him.

He told her that Sundaramma and a man were searching for them and

they were at the bride’s residence at Kothapet.

She was surprised to hear the same and thought that he was lying as

she saw us boarding the bus.

So saying he went away.

She thought it better to go over to the bride’s residence along with

the grandmother.  

On coming to the bride’s residence, she was surprised to see us.  

Our prayer to Shri Sai was fulfilled and we cold catch the bus at

10.30 pm and came to Nellore by 1.45 am without any problem.

Everything went well on 27-7-1982.

On Tuesday we went to Shri Sainath Mandhir at Gandhinagar,

Nellore.  

I was astonished as to how the rickshaw wallah came to guide them

to us.

It is still afresh in our memory.

We are sure that it was Shri Sai Baba who inspired the rickshaw

wallah to inform my mother about our stay at the bride’s residence;

or else we would have been put to a lot of difficulty in searching

for each other and could not have reached for the function in time.

K.L.V.S. SARMA,

Karvetnagar 517 582

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #58 on: January 06, 2006, 09:59:13 AM »
  • Publish
  • SAI LEELAS (September 1983)

This happened in 1981.   I was the manager of Cantonment, Trivandrum
    branch.   The outward registered mail used to be taken by a peon to the
    G.P.O for dispatch.   One day, at about 1.30 p.m. the said peon telephoned
    from State Bank of India where he went to deliver certain instruments on his
    way to G.P.O that on coming out from S.B.I. he found all the articles kept
    on his cycle were missing I was shocked.   The cover contained valuable
    articles, instruments, bonds and even foreign currency.   I asked the peon
    to make a thorough search in the place where he went and come back.  His
    search was futile as the articles were not to be found.

It was time for my lunch.   I went home very much disturbed.   In such
    calamities.   I used to resort to Baba’s feet.   I lighted jos sticks before
    Baba’s idol in my pooja room and prayed to save me from the situation.   I
    prayed for myself as well as for the sake of the peon who stood to lose his
    job on the loss of valuable articles.  I returned to the office at 2.30 p.m.
    and reported the matter to the higher authorities.   My boss asked me what I
    was going to do as I will have to answer many customers for this loss of the
    valuable articles.  I said I have not thought about it.   I would at first
    try to trace the instruments.   I was very much worried because that was the
    time for my promotion and this incident could go against my chances.   My
    colleagues gathered around me and enquired what was to be done.   I looked
    at Baba’s photo, which I keep on my table, and said, “let us try our best”.

Then I went to the Police station alongwith the peon and reported the loss.
    The Asst.  Commissioner of Police was my class-mate.  He pacified me by
    offering me a cup of tea and assured to do his best; but then he made it
    clear that I was not going to get back the lost articles for two reasons:-

1.       If they were taken by miscreants, they will keep them for sometime and
    then slowly try to make use of the same.

2.      If they were taken by mischievous children and students they will throw
    away the papers if no currency is found.

He added that he did not have any list of such offenders.  I was very much
    worried.   I could only make a silent prayer, touching Baba’s ring on my
    fingers.   Then wonder of wonders the Assistant Police Commissioner’s
    telephone rang.   He lifted the receiver and listened and said “Unni, your
    things have been recovered.”   I couldn’t believe my ears.  Minutes ticked
    and I held my breath till he put down the receiver.   He then told me that a
    traffic constable has found out a bundle of postal articles on the road and
    seeing the name of the Bank, he was kept the same for the owner to come and
    collect it.  The Police constable was trying to locate the owner by
    telephoning all over branches and at last came to know that I was the person
    concerned in this matter.

To be contd....

V.K.S. Unni
    Calicut – 673 –2 (Kerala State)

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #59 on: January 15, 2006, 09:16:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • BABA VISITED OUR HOUSE AS A BLIND MAN

On the very auspicious day of Guru Poomima in the year 1985, we conducted Sri Sai Nama Sankeertana at our house in Hyderabad. Baba's devotees thronged our hall. For 3 hours we performed Nama Sankeertana under the auspicious of Sai Ankita Bhakta Sri D. Sankarayya Garu.

A old blind man, clad in a white dhoti and Kafini and white cloth tied around his head entered the hall where we were doing Nama Japa. As our staircase room was at a corner, it is very difficult for strangers to locate and we all wondered, how this blind man having no two eyes, found the stair case climbed it and came. He sat in a comer. He asked whether we do the Bhajan on every Sunday and we answered that we do it once in a way. Again he asked that why it was not informed this to him. Then I said that I had not seen him before and asked for his address but he did not give proper answer and kept quite.

A few devotees of Baba believed that Baba came in disguise and advised me to send him after giving food. My son Krishna Kishore was not aware of all this and offered him help to descend the stair case as stair case is full with footwear. He said that he would go after hearing Doctor's speech (Dr. Sudhakar Maharaj). A few minutes before this, my husband requested Sri Dr. Sudhakar Maharaj to speak a few words about Baba. I wondered how this blind man came to know that Maharaj was a Doctor. As that man wanted to stay for some more time my son went and sat somewhere close to stair case door. My husband sat by the side of the old man. Dr. Sudhakar Maharaj spoke about devotion and dedication. After a few minutes, when I looked that side, where the stranger sat, he was not there. That old man had a hefty personality and my husband would have known, if at all he left the crowded room. Doors of stair case room were ajar and none of the devotees who sat blocking the way, remember him going away, we could not make head or tail of how and why he disappeared. Then slowly we all realized that he was none other than Sri Sai Baba.

Once again we performed Sai Nama Sankeertana in our house at Hyderabad on 10th August, 1986.

A few devotees experienced certain Leelas of Sri Sai Baba who attended the Nama Sankeertana.

One of the devotees felt as if he received an electric shock soon after entering our house.

Another devotee got a vision of Sri Dattatreya Swami, while meditating.

Sri Sai blessed my husband by placing His hand on my husband's head and as a proof for that my husband's head emulated sweet smell.

All these are experiences of Baba's compassion.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Facebook Comments