Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Focus On Today  (Read 1763 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Focus On Today
« on: January 26, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »
  • Publish
  • Focus On Today

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept from fear and apprehension. One of these days is yesterday, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is beyond recall.

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow, with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promises, and perhaps its poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.

This leaves only one day - today. Anyone can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burden of those two awful eternity's, yesterday and tomorrow, that we break down. It is not the experience of today that drives us mad. It is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday or the dread of what tomorrow may bring. Let us, therefore, do our best to live one day at a time.

Jaisairam!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline Praveen P V S

• Blessings 3
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Focus On Today
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 09:45:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dear Subhasrini ji you are absolutly right.

Today is the day we can do what we should and what we can, though its not in our control but still it is within our reach.
    So lets do what we should ...today..[:)]

Thanks for this interesting post.

I love you Baba.
    I love you Baba.

Offline saibeti

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 10:51:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • hey subhasriniji,
    u r right but how about when u do something that is not under yur control. you try hard but u get nothing out of it. u don't get wat u should get after u work hard. u always tru that this won't happen and it  still does and u have no control over it. then what u do?
            i douno what to tell u about thi s kind of situaiton. n way. jai sai ram.
      komal

Offline rajtiruthani

• Blessings 1
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 01:00:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • Dear Sister Komal,

Let me try to explain from whatever I understood from life.

As Sister Subhadra says

YESTERDAY WAS HISTORY

TOMORROW IS A MYSTERY

TODAY IS THE EVENTFUL DAY.SO DO YOUR BEST TO MAKE IT SPECIAL

Now coming to the explanation(According to my understanding of God's law) for your question,here it is to the best of my understanding.

Whenever we do anything,we do with some expectations.Results are bound to be there.It is governed by the law of cause and effect.So our every action will yield result.

What God says  is that we do our job with expections.The results will be there,but we do not have any control on it and the control lies with him.

Now the result can be

1) To our expectations

2) Opposite to our expectations

3) Totally different to our expectations

Now what God says is that whatever is the result,we should not be too attached to the result and accept it with humility as his Prasad.

Just for example,let us take that we go for a job interview.Our expectations should be that we get the job.Now the result can be

1) We get the job(as per our expectations)

2) We do not get the job(Opposite to our expectations

3) We attend the interview for a Manager's post,but we get selected for the CEO vacancy(Totally different from our expectations)

Here the cause is our attending the interview and the effect is either of 1, 2 or 3.

Now whatever is the outcome of the cause,God asks us to accept.

I do not know whether I am clear or confusing you.So I stop for now

Raj

OM SAI SREE SAI JAYA JAYA SAI

quote:
    Originally posted by saibeti

hey subhasriniji,
    u r right but how about when u do something that is not under yur control. you try hard but u get nothing out of it. u don't get wat u should get after u work hard. u always tru that this won't happen and it  still does and u have no control over it. then what u do?
            i douno what to tell u about thi s kind of situaiton. n way. jai sai ram.
      komal

Facebook Comments