Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: SAI DATTATREYA JAYANTHI IS ON 15-12-2005  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
SAI DATTATREYA JAYANTHI IS ON 15-12-2005
« on: December 09, 2005, 04:03:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • SAI DATTATREYA JAYANTHI IS ON 15-12-2005
    Most of you must be aware that the origin of Guruparmapara traces back
    to Lord Dattatreya. Firstly, let me offer salutations to Lord
    Dattatreya before proceeding further. After Lord Dattatreya, the
    tradition of Guru parampara continued with Sri Sripada Srivallabha,
    Sri Narasimha Saraswathi, Sri ManikPrabhu, Sri Akkalakota Maharaj and
    Sri Shirdi Sai Baba. The last three incarnations have taken place
    during the Nineteenth century. Lord Dattatreya has taken incarnations
    in various personalities but the main aim and objective remained
    centered around to offer protection to HIS devotees and rid them from
    miseries and drive towards Spiritualism.

Please refer Sai Satcharitra – Baba has indicated indirectly that He
    is the incarnation of Lord Dattatreya in various chapters. In the
    story of Goa Gentleman, He has taken Rs.15/- from a Datta Devotee,
    which he owed to Lord Dattatreya. When Nanasaheb chandorkar, a Datta
    devotee arrived at Shiridi along with his co- son in law, Shirdi
    bypassing his normal visit to the Datta Mandir at Kopargaon, Baba told
    him not to repeat such things in future.  On a Guru Poornima day, Baba
    advised Dhadha Kelkar to worship the `Pillar' at Dwarakamai,
    indicative of telling to worship Lord Dattatreya – considered as the
    pillar of Datta Parampara. At the request of all the devotees, Baba
    finally allowed His devotees to worship Him. With this, Baba confirmed
    that He is incarnation of Lord Dattatreya. Baba instructed Hari
    Vinayak Sathe to read Guru Charitra twice and Kushabhavu 108 times.
    With this Baba has indirectly told His devotees, His origin and the
    connectivity with Sri Dattatreya. We should make a note that Baba
    never told that He is God. He always used to say that He is the
    servant of the God. Precisely I feel that must be the reason why HE
    never expressed directly that He is the incarnation of Lord
    Dattatreaya.

SriDattatreya is an incarnation of the Divine Trinity Brahma, Vishnu
    and Siva. The word Datta means "Given", Datta is called so because the
    divine trinity have "given" themselves in the form of a son to the
    sage couple Atri and Anasuya. He is the son of Atri, hence the name
    "Atreya".

SriDattatreya is usually depicted with three heads, symbolizing
    Brahma, Vishnu, and Maheshwara; past, present, and future; and the
    three states of consciousness: waking, dreaming, and dreamless sleep.
    He is portrayed sitting in meditation with his shakti beneath the
    audumbara (wish-fulfilling) tree. In front of him is a fire pit, and
    around him are four dogs. These are sometimes said to symbolize the
    four Vedas.

http://www.saidarbar.org/dattatreya/saidatta.htm

We recommend the devotees to do The Gurucharitra Parayana
    From 09-12-2005 to 15-12-2005

Please visit our Web site: http://www.saidarbar.org

JISKE SIR UPAR TU SAI WOH DUKH KAISA PAAYE!

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM

dipika duggal
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    Re: SAI DATTATREYA JAYANTHI IS ON 15-12-2005
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:19:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dattatreya Jayanthi
    Om Namo Bhagavate Dattatreyaya

DATTATREYA Jayanthi falls during December-January on the full moon day of the month of Margaseersha. His story is told as follows.

Anusuya is quoted as the model of chastity. She was the wife of Atri Maharishi, a great sage and one of the seven foremost seers and sages. She was well established in the Pativrata Dharma, the main elements of which are devotion to husband and regard of him as God Himself. She did severe austerities for a very long time in order to beget sons equal to Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, the Hindu Trinity.

Once, Saraswathi, Lakshmi and Parvati requested their husbands (the Trimurtis) to test the Pativrata Dharma of Anusuya, by asking her to give them alms with an unclothed body.

Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva came to know of the austerity and desire of Anusuya. So, they agreed to their wives’ request, as they knew that by agreeing to it, they would also be fulfilling Anusuya’s wish. They put on the garb of Sannyasins and appeared before Anusuya, asking her to give them alms as specified by their wives. Anusuya was in a great dilemma. She could not say “No” to the Sannyasins. And she had to maintain her Pativrata Dharma also, which she would be violating if she appeared naked before men other than her own husband. She meditated on the form of her husband, took refuge at his feet and sprinkled over the three Sannyasins a few drops of water used for washing the feet of her husband. Immediately the Trimurtis were transformed into three babies on account of the glory of her chastity. At the same time, there was accumulation of milk in her breast. She thought that these children were her own and fed them with the milk, in a nude state and cradled them. She was eagerly expecting the arrival of her husband who had gone to have a bath.

As soon as Atri Rishi returned home, Anusuya related all that had happened during his absence, placed the three children at his feet and worshipped him. But, Atri knew all this already through his divine vision. He embraced all the three children. They became one child, with two feet, one trunk, three heads and six hands. Atri Rishi blessed his wife and informed her that the Trimurtis themselves had assumed the forms of the three children to gratify her wish.

In the meantime, Narada went to Saraswathi, Lakshmi and Parvati and informed them that their husbands had been turned into children through the power of the Pativrata Dharma of Anusuya and that they would not return unless they asked for their husbands as alms from Rishi Atri. Thus Saraswathi, Lakshmi and Parvati assumed the form of ordinary women, appeared before Atri and asked for their own husbands as alms. Atri duly honored the three ladies and, with folded palms, prayed to them that his wish and the wish of Anusuya should be fulfilled.

Then, the Trimurtis appeared in their true form before Atri and said, “This child will be a great sage according to your word and will be equal to us, according to the wish of Anusuya. The child will bear the name of Dattatreya.” Saying this they disappeared.

LORD DATTATREYA
    Who is regarded as an Incarnation of the Trinity.

The child Dattatreya soon attained manhood. As he had the rays of the Trimurtis and as he was a great man of the highest wisdom, all the Rishis and ascetics worshipped him. He was gentle, peaceful and amiable. He was an Avadhuta—an ascetic who always remains naked. He preached the Truth of Vedanta. Dattatreya taught his Avadhuta Gita to Lord Subramanya. This is a wonderful book which contains the truths and secrets of Vedanta and the experiences of Self-realization.

Once, while he was roaming happily in a forest, he met King Yadu, who, on seeing Dattatreya so happy, asked him the secret of his happiness and the name of his Guru.

Dattatreya said, “The Self alone is my Guru. Yet, I have learnt wisdom from twenty-four other individuals and objects. So they, too, are also my Gurus.”

Dattatreya then mentioned the names of his twenty-four Gurus and spoke of the wisdom that he had learnt from each as follows:

“The names of my twenty-four Gurus are earth, water, fire, sky, moon, sun, pigeon, python, ocean, moth, honey-gatherers (black bee), bees, elephant, deer, fish, the dancing-girl Pingala, raven, child, maiden, serpent, arrow-maker, spider and beetle.

1. I learnt patience and doing good to others from the earth.

2. From water, I learnt the quality of purity.

3. I learnt from air to be without attachment though I move with many people in this world.

4. From fire I learnt to glow with the splendour of Self-knowledge and austerity.

5. I learnt from the sky that the Self is all-pervading and yet it has no contact with any object.

6. I learnt from the moon that the Self is always perfect and changeless and it is only the limiting adjuncts that cast shadows over it.

7. Just as a sun reflected in various pots of water appears as so many different reflections, so also Brahman appears different because of the bodies caused by the reflection through the mind. This is the lesson I have learnt from the sun.

8. I once saw a pair of pigeons with their young birds. A fowler spread a net and caught the young birds. The mother pigeon was very much attached to her children. She fell into the net and was caught. From this I have learnt that attachment is the root cause of earthly bondage.

9. The python does not move about for its food. It remains contented with whatever it gets, lying in one place. From this I learnt to be unmindful of food and to be contented with whatever I get to eat.

10. Just as the ocean remains unmoved, even though hundreds of rivers flow into it, so also the wise man should remain unmoved among all the various sorts of temptations, difficulties and troubles.

11. To control the sense of sight and to fix the mind on the Self, is the lesson I learnt from the moth.

12. I take a little food from one house and a little from another house and thus appease my hunger. I am not a burden on the householder. This I learnt from the black bee which gathers honey from various flowers.

13. Bees collect honey with great trouble, but a hunter comes along and takes the honey away easily. From this I learnt that it is useless to hoard things.

14. The male elephant, blinded by lust, falls into a pit covered with grass, even at the sight of a female elephant. Therefore, one should destroy lust.

15. The deer is enticed and trapped by the hunter through its love of music. Therefore, one should never listen to lewd songs.

16. Just as a fish that is covetous of food falls an easy victim to the bait, so also the man who is greedy for food loses his independence and easily gets ruined.

17. There was a dancing girl named Pingala. Being tired of looking for customers, one night she became hopeless. She had to be contented with what traffic she had that day and retired to a sound sleep. I learnt from this fallen woman the lesson that the abandonment of hope leads to contentment.

18. A raven picked up a piece of flesh. It was pursued and beaten by other birds. It dropped the piece of flesh and attained peace and rest. From this I learnt that a man in the world undergoes all sorts of troubles and miseries when he runs after sensual pleasures and that he becomes as happy as the bird when he abandons them.

19. The child who sucks milk is free from all cares, worries and anxieties, and is always cheerful. I learnt the virtue of cheerfulness from the child.

20. The maiden was husking paddy. Her bangles made much noise and there were visitors from her husband’s house. To silence the bangles, she removed them, one by one. Even when there were just two, they produced some noise. When she had only one, it did not make any noise, and she was happy. I learnt from the maiden that living among many would create discord, disturbance, dispute and quarrel. Even among two there might be unnecessary words or strife. The ascetic or the Sannyasin should remain alone in solitude.

21. A serpent does not build its own hole. It dwells in the holes dug out by others. Even so, an ascetic should not build a home for himself. He should live in a temple or a cave built by others.

22. I learnt from the arrow-maker the quality of intense concentration of mind.

23. The spider pours out of its mouth long threads and weaves them into cobwebs. Then it gets itself entangled in the net of its own making. Even so, man makes a net of his own ideas and gets entangled in it. The wise man should, therefore, abandon all worldly thoughts and think of Brahman only.

24. The beetle catches hold of a worm, puts it in its nest and gives it a sting. The poor worm, always fearing the return of the beetle and sting, and thinking constantly of the beetle, becomes a beetle itself. I learnt from the beetle and the worm to turn myself into the Self by contemplating constantly on It; thus I gave up all attachment to the body and attained liberation.”

The king was highly impressed by listening to these enlightening words of Lord Dattatreya. He abandoned the world and practised constant meditation on the Self.

Dattatreya was absolutely free from intolerance or prejudice of any kind. He learnt wisdom from whatever source it came. All seekers after wisdom should follow the example of Dattatreya.

On Dattatreya Jayanthi, get up at Brahmamuhurta and meditate. Fast and pray throughout the day. Do not mix with anybody. Live in total seclusion. Forget the body. Identify yourself with the blissful Self. Study Dattatreya’s glorious works, namely, the Avadhuta Gita and the Jivanmukta Gita. Worship Lord Dattatreya’s (or, your own Guru’s) form. Take wholesome resolves that you will follow the great teachings of Lord Dattatreya. You will realise the Self very soon.

At the Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, this day is celebrated every year on a grand scale, in the Dattatreya Temple, on a hillock near the main Ashram.

1. The glorious Image of Lord Dattatreya is duly worshipped, with bathing and flowers.

2. All the spiritual aspirants assemble there, singing the Lord’s Names and glories.

3. Discourses are given by Yogis and Sannyasins, on the life and teachings of Lord Dattatreya during this gathering as well as during the night Satsang at the Ashram. The Avadhuta Gita and the Jivanmukta Gita are also read and explained.

4. It is a day of great rejoicing.

May you all enjoy the choicest blessings of Lord Dattatreya, and may you all attain the highest goal, Self-realization in this very birth!

http://www.hinduism.8k.com/dattatreya.html

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:24:55 AM »
  • Publish
  • DATTATREYA Jayanthi falls during December-January on the full moon day of the month of Margaseersha.

http://www.divyajivan.org/articles/siva/Dattatreya_siva.htm

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 04:29:54 AM »
  • Publish
  • Splendorous form of Datta Guru:

Shri Dattatreya or Datta Guru, an incarnation who came to light the lamp of wisdom among the people. Shri Dattatreya is a splendorous form. His face radiates all wisdom and draws us away from the lures of the world. Though He is the Supreme Lord of this universe, yet He is a total and supreme recluse. Though He moves from place to place, His favorite abode is the Holy Audambar tree (A type of fig type, Ficus glomerate). He has matted hair on His head. His body is ever smeared with holy ashes and He wears tiger-skin for His garment. A cow and four dogs are always with Him as His constant companions. He is an 'Avadhoot', ever anchored in Spirit, but always overflowing with compassion for all the beings and the entire creation. He is the embodiment of total Godhead. All the aspects of Godhead are fully manifest in Him. His faces and form are ever radiant with peace and divine charm.

The Cow, which is always with Him, represents the Mother Earth and Dharma. She is the wish fulfilling cow 'Kamadhenu'.

The four dogs symbolise the four Vedas – the external repositories of Spiritual Wisdom.

The trident indicates that He has transcended the three gunas, which constitute the illusory world: Sattva-illumination, Rajas-activity and Tamas-inertia.

The 'Sudharshana chakra' , disc indicates that He is beyond the cycles of time i.e. the past, present and future and His holding of 'chakra' means He is the controller of time.

The conch represents the eternal sound ‘AUM’ – which is the manifestation of the Spirit. It is also the life principle in us and the cosmos.

The 'bhasma' ashes indicated His 'Vairaagya' dispassion as well as His purity. Ashes indicate the evanescent nature of all created nature of all created objects and the ultimate state of all matter.

He always carries a begging bowl so as to teach us the lesson that we will have to share our wealth and food with others.

The japa-mala, rosary He wears reminds us that our primary duty is chanting the sacred name of the Lord and meditating on the feet of the Lord, and our redemption depends on this discipline alone.

Shri Dattatreya, in order to bless His devotees and the righteous ones, wanders about in the guise of a random guest at the lunch hour. That's why it is said that a random guest has to be treated as the very embodiment of Lord Dattaterya.

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/article_2657.shtml

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline om sai ram

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 04:47:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

DEAR DIPIKA,
    YOU ARE BLESSED BY SADGURU SAINATH MAHARAJ WHO
     HIMSELF IS THE INCARNATION OF LORD DATTITRAIYA.
    THANK U FOR REMINDING THE DATE OF DATTATRAIYA JAYANTI SOME OF MY FRIENDS ARE GOING TO SHIRDI IN NEXT WEEK AND I WILL TELL THEM ABOUT DATTATRAIYA JAYANTI SO THEY CAN BE IN SHIRDI ON 15th DECE.

TWO YEARS BACK BABA HAS SENT ME TO 'NARAYANPUR' A HOLY PLACE OF LORD DATTATRAIYA NEAR POONA ON DATTATRAIYA JAYANTI AND BELEIVE ME BABA HAD GIVEN ME DARSHAN IN NARAYANPUR IN MURTI OF BHAGAWAN DATTATRAIYA  AND FROM NARAYANPUR I WENT TO SHIRDI THERE I SAW BHAGWAN DATTATRAIYA INMURTI OF SAI NATH MAHARAJ SO FOR US BABA HIMSELF IS BHAGWAN DATTATRAIYA OUR SADGURU AND NOW NARAYANOUR,GANGAPUR AND NARSIMA;S BADI ALL ARE IN SHIRDI.

LETS SING ;

MATA ANSOOYA NE DAL DIYA PALANA;
                   TEEN DEV JHOOL RAHE BANKAR KE LALNA.
     SHRI SAINATH KEE MAHIMA KO, HUM AAJ SUNAANE AAYE HAIN..

SATYUG MEIN NARAYAN BANKAR,
                      TRETA MEIN RAJARAM BANE.....
    DWAPAR MEIN BANGAYE SHRIKRISHNA,
                      KALYUG MEIN SAIRAM BANE.
    SHRI SAINATH KE MAHIMA KO HUM AAJ SUNANE AAYE HEIN.

JAI EESHWAR JAI SAI DAYAL,TUHI JAGAT KA PALANHAR,
    DATT DIGAMBER PRABHOO AVTAR, TERE BAS MEIAN SAB SANSAR.
            ....FROM SAI BAVANI......

OM SAI RAM,

MAHESH (saidas)

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 05:11:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • OMSAIRAM!THANKYOU MAHESH BHAI FOR SHARING SAI LEELAS WITH US.
    SEE BABA IT's ALL YOUR LEELAS.

[:)]

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 09:27:18 AM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Ram

Dipika, my dearest,

[:)][:X][:X] THANK YOU [:X][:X][:)]

for all these postings on Lord Datta and Datta Jayanti!

May SAI bless you over and over and over.

OM SAI RAM

Astrid

Restless was my heart till it found rest in THEE
    Restless was my heart till it found rest in THEE

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 12:08:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • DATTATREYA JAYANTI (15.12.2005 , Margashirsha Pournima Shalivahan Shaka 1927)

1. Definition of Datta
    || Shri Gurudev Datta ||

Take the Hindu Awareness quiz on Shri Datta Jayanti here
    Datta means one who has been bestowed with (the spiritual experience) of the unmanifest, i.e. one who has been given the experience that the Self is Brahman or that the Self is the Soul and that one is free.

2. Avadhût
    Avadhût is another name for Shri Datta. Some derivations and meanings of this name are as follows :
    1. A = (Meaning : One who is eternally experiencing Bliss)
    va = (Meaning : One who constantly lives in the present)
    dhû = (Meaning : One whose (spiritual) ignorance has been destroyed with spiritual knowledge. Thus, one who is benevolent)
    ta = (Meaning : One who has destroyed all ignorance by contemplating on the Absolute Principle)

2. In the Avadhûtopaniíshad, the word Avadhût is described as follows.
    A = This syllable connotes imperishableness (aksharatva)’, Avadhût also means one who has had the sâkshâtkâr (realisation) of Aksharbrahman (Akshar - lit. letter; unchanging). Aksharatva also refers to the ability to make a task successful.
    va = This syllable comes from ‘Vareßyatvâ’, i.e. the highest limit of excellence or Absoluteness.
    dhû = This syllable refers to one who is free from all types of restrictions, is liberated, who cannot be restricted by any rules or binding.
    ta = This stands for the profound statement ''Tatvamasi'' (lit. “Thou art That”, one of the four great statements from the Upaniíhads)’.
    In brief, that great being who is ever present in the Supreme Self, is known as Avadhût.

3. (That which washes away or destroys sattva, raja and tama is Avadhût), is how He is described accord-ing to the Siddhasiddhântapaddhati, a book by Gorakshanâth (6.1).

4. Is the incantation of devotees of Lord Datta. ‘Avadhût’ is a devotee. Shrî Gurudev Datta is the one who is always concerned about the welfare of His devotees. He is their benefactor.

3. Birth history
    Once, Lord Brahmâ, Viíhßu and Mahesh together set out to test Anasûyâ’s (the wife of ruíhi Atri) chastity. Owing to her chastity, from the fractions of Brahmâ, Viíhßu and Mahesh, three sons were born to her. Datta was born of a fraction of Lord Viíhßu. Many know about this mythological story from the Purâß. From the spiritual stand-point, the implied meaning of ‘Atri’ is as follows.

‘A’ means absent (‘A’ is indicative of negation) and ‘tri’ means the triad. Hence, ‘Atri’ is one who is devoid of the trilogies like states of awake-dream-deep sleep, sattva-raja-tama or one who meditates-object of meditation-meditation itself. The intellect of such an ‘atri’ is without any asûyâ, i.e. without desire-anger, free from the six kinds of action (for details, refer booklets on ‘Shiva’ and ‘Shakti’) and is thus pure. That is what is called ‘anasûyâ’. Datta was born of the sankalpa (resolve) of such pure intellect.

4. Datta’s Gurus and sub-gurus
    4 A. Gurus : The 11th chapter of Shrîmadbhâgvat mentions a conversation between Yadu and Avadhût. In this part, Avadhût describes the Gurus He chose and what He learnt from them. [Here, the term Guru is used to mean a ‘teacher’. What is a true Guru like, is explained in our holy text ‘Science of Spirituality : Volume 4 - Path of Guru’s Grace (Gurukrupâyoga).]

‘Everything in this Universe is a ‘Guru’; because there is something or the other to be learnt from it. A negative aspect teaches what is undesirable and should be given up and a positive aspect teaches what is to be imbibed. I created an ocean of Knowledge with a little from each of the twenty-four Gurus (examples given below) and cleansed all my sins by bathing in it.

4 A 1. Earth : One must learn from the earth, virtue such as forbearance.
    4 A 2. Wind : The wind remains unconcerned whether it is blowing over a hot plate or over an ice block. It is present in heat and cold and yet is not bound by their qualities or defects. Similarly, one should be detached like the wind and not be affected by one’s surroundings. Those desirous of liberation should, in all circumstances, tread freely on the path prescribed by the Vedas, not paying attention to anyone’s virtues or defects.
    4 A 3. Âkâsh (ether) : Like ether, the soul pervades all objects, yet it is steady, single and stable.
    4 A 4. Water
    a. Man should be loving towards all. Like water, he should impartial.
    b. Just as water lets its impurity settle to the bottom and cleanses others of their impurities, so must man renounce the impurity of ego. He should acquire the treasure of spiritual knowledge and cleanse impure people of their sins.
    c. Relinquishing its superior position, while flowing from a higher to a lower altitude, water uproots haughty trees and nurtures the humble vegetations; so must the liberated souls help others in uprooting the attachment to wealth and passion. They must punish the heretics and the wicked and also liberate those who surrender, of their sins.
    d. Just as stagnant water develops a foul smell, but remains clean when it flows, so it is for humans. Therefore, to prevent stagnation (attachment), wise men must go and stay at various places of pilgrimage, instead of staying in one place.

4 A 5. The Fire
    a. Man should be austere like the fire and get enlightened. He should partake of whatever is available, i.e. go beyond likes-dislikes. He should refrain from bad deeds and just as fire is utilised appropriately, he should make use of his virtues appropriately.
    b. When on a pilgrimage, instead of accumulating food, etc. he should eat whatever is available.
    c. One must always remain pure like the fire and behave equally with all.
    d. When one offers oblations into the fire uttering the different names of God, the fire transports the offerings to the respective deities.
    e. The flame of fire is considered a Guru so as to make us realise that our body is transient. Just as one moment is enough to kindle or extinguish a fire, our body which is made of the panchamahâbhûtas (five great cosmic elements) does not require much time to come into existence or to get destroyed.

4 A 6. The Moon :
    The subtle phase of the new moon and the fifteen phases of the subsequent fortnight, together make the sixteen phases of the moon. Though the moon has phases, it is not affected by them. Similarly the soul is not affected by bodily changes.

4 A 7. The Sun :
    The sun stores water in the clouds and benevolently showers it on the earth at the appropriate time. Similarly, man should store whatever is useful and make it available impartially to all living organisms, keeping the place, time and present moment in mind.

4 A 8. The Pigeon :
    Just as a falcon devours the pigeon and its family, so does time destroy a man who like a pigeon, has intense attachment to his wife and children and lives his life only for worldly pleasure. Thus, a seeker desirous of liberation should be mentally detached from everything.

4 A 9. The Python :
    Since the python believes in its destiny, it fearlessly lies in one place. It is content with whatever food it gets at any time and has no preferences. It is not perturbed if food is not available for sometime. Inspite of having the strength, the python does not utilise it.
    Similarly, a seeker must have full faith in his destiny, eat whatever is available and not be vexed if nothing is available. He should be absorbed in the contemplation of the true self.

4 A 10. The Sea
    a. The sea neither gets elated if the rivers bring a bountiful flow during the monsoons, nor does it feel aggrieved if they do not. As a result, it neither swells nor dries up. So must man remain steadfast in his duties, feeling neither elated upon experiencing worldly pleasures nor unhappy when undergoing a succession of tragedies. He should always be immersed in Bliss.
    b. Just as the sea keeps secret its length, breadth, depth and the treasures in its bed, man also should not let anyone know of his inherent qualities. However, one should always utilise them for the welfare of others.

4 A 11. The moth : Enchanted by the radiance of a lit lamp, the moth pounces on it and is burnt to death. Similarly, a man who is fascinated by a woman’s beauty and youth, for the sake of sexual pleasure, finally perishes in it.

4 A 12.The Honey Bee and Honey collectors
    a. The honey bee : In the face of several difficulties, the honey bee makes a hive in an inconvenient location up on a tree and stores honey in it. It neither eats that honey, nor lets others feast on it. Then, all of a sudden, honey collectors kill the bee and carry away the hive along with the honey. Similarly, a miser who accumulates wealth with incessant effort, either loses his wealth in a fire or it gets stolen by thieves or taken away by the King and so he ends up being unhappy. He is also unhappy when the wealth is wasted by an immoral progeny or if he dies without any progeny. After he dies, the wealth remains as it is or is acquired by someone else. If at the time of death, he is still attached to the wealth, then in the form of a ghost or a serpent, he harasses the one who enjoys that wealth.
    Accumulating (wealth) like the honey bee, leads to sudden death. Keeping this in mind, man should not accumulate wealth.
    b. The honey collector : Just as the honey collector acquires the honey effortlessly, so also a male seeker, instead of exerting himself in making a fire place, collecting utensils, firewood, etc. should partake of food cooked in the home of a householder and utilise the time saved thus in the endeavour of realising God.
    Such seekers desirous of liberation, provide an opportunity to the householder’s family which feeds them, to progress spiritually.

4 A 13. Gajendra (the elephant)
    a. Man tries to capture an elephant by digging a pit, covering it with grass and placing on that pit a wooden cow elephant covered with elephant skin. The infatuated elephant intent upon sexual pleasure, rushes toward that wooden cow elephant and falls into the pit. Thus, although the elephant is very powerful, it is easily captured by man. Similarly, lured by sensuous pleasure, man is immediately trapped in bondage.
    b. Men allured by adulterous women, perish in the same way as elephants (when overcome with lust) die fighting amongst themselves for a cow elephant.

4 A 14. The Black Bee
    a. The lotus in bloom withers once the sun sets. If a black bee is sitting on it at that time, it gets caught within. Thus, realising that attraction to object pleasure gives rise to bondage, one should refrain from such attachment.
    b. The black bee savours the fragrance of several lotuses, unconcerned about their colour, type, etc. Similarly, seekers desirous of liberation should realise that it is not possible to master every science. They should grasp in a gist its purport, i.e. grasp the underlying principle.

4 A 15. The Deer :
    The musk deer is as swift as the wind and cannot be captured by anyone. However, lured by melodious music, it is captured and loses its life. Keeping this in mind, do not get trapped in any infatuation.

4 A 16. The Fish :
    When some bait on a hook is thrown into the water, the fish gets lured, swallows the bait along with the hook and thus loses its life. Man too, is caught up in self-gratification and thus continues to suffer in the cycle of birth and death.

4 A 17. The prostitute Pingalâ : One night, despite a long wait, no man came to the prostitute Pingalâ. Expectantly, she paced about; in the end she became weary and disgusted. She lost interest in worldly pleasures and developed detachment.
    As long as man has intense desire, he cannot sleep peacefully. One who renounces desire, is not affected by any worldly happiness and unhappiness.

4 A 18. Titavî (a lapwing) :
    A titavî was flying with a fish in her beak. Seeing this, hundreds of crows and kites followed her and pecking at her, tried to snatch the fish. They followed her wherever she went. Overcome by exhaustion, she threw away the fish. Immediately it was caught by a kite. Now the crows and other kites followed this kite for the fish. The titavî settled assuredly on a branch of a tree. In this world, one finds peace when one renounces all attachments, otherwise one may have to face great difficulties.

4 A 19. Child :
    Be beyond all respect-disrespect; know that the whole world is governed by destiny. Live like a child by giving up all worries and enjoy Bliss.

4 A 20. Bangles :
    When two bangles strike, they make a noise. The more their number, more is the noise. Similarly, when two people stay together, there is dialogue. When many live together, there is strife. Both situations do not favour peace of mind. Hence, one who wants to practice yoga, meditation, etc. should find a secluded place and stay alone.

4 A 21. Artisan :
    One day an artisan was sharpening arrowheads with great concentration. A king’s pompous and noisy procession passed by. Sometime later a man came and inquired, “Did you see the king’s procession passing by this side ?” The artisan replied, “I was too engrossed in my work to notice anything.” Like the artisan, a seeker should surrender all senses at the altar of God and engage himself in contemplation.

4 A 22. Serpent :
    Two serpents never live together, nor do they move around together. They move very quietly and cautiously, dwell in any house they like, as they do not make one for themselves. They do not move openly, they do not despise anyone unless offended and do not get angry unless they are injured by someone. In the same way, two intellectuals should not roam together, should talk in moderation, should not quarrel with anyone, should behave wisely, should never gather people and deliver speeches. Instead of building a house for themselves, they should live and lead their lives wherever they please. Owning a house makes one proud and attachment sets in.

4 A 23. Spider :
    A spider builds its web by secreting a sticky thread from its navel and amuses itself day and night. When it wants to free itself, it just swallows the web. God does the same. He creates the world merely because of His wish, conducts the (divine) play in it, dissolves it within Himself and re-creates it as before. So do not give importance to the events of this world.

4 A 24. Wasp :
    If one meditates constantly upon something, one is transformed into the object of one’s meditation. A wasp builds its home with mud and placing a worm in it, keeps blowing on that worm. Thus the worm constantly thinks of the wasp and finally becomes a wasp itself. So must a seeker meditate upon God as per the instructions of a Guru and ultimately become like God Himself.

4 B. Sub-gurus
    4 B 1. The tree :
    A man who, under the influence of tama, is unrighteous, becomes a tree in his next birth and because of his vanity has to keep standing all his life. These trees cleanse themselves of their previous sins by surrendering themselves to the will of others. They happily offer shelter to birds and other creatures; besides, they protect travellers by taking the brunt of the cold, wind, heat, etc. onto themselves and also provide leaves, flowers and fruits for their subsistence. Humans uproot, break, cut, peel and burn them or remove their flowers, fruits, leaves and even their gum for household purposes. Suffering is inflicted on the trees and whatever purpose they can serve, is extracted from them. The trees endure all this pain and yet continue to serve as long as they exist. So also seekers desirous of liberation should endure all suffering and continue to serve others graciously till their body exists. Just as trees give shelter to travellers, householders should offer food and shelter to guests.
    If by God’s grace one acquires wealth, one should not become arrogant. Trees blooming with flowers and fruits bow more and give others more; so also must a wealthy man serve others by being humble.

4 B 2. The mountains :
    The mountains and the Earth store mines of precious stones within. Thus, they bestow endless favours on man. So should every man acquire and accumulate knowledge for the benefit of others. Just as in summer, the mountains provide brooks to soothe the people suffering from heat, so must one develop the habit of speaking sweetly and giving happiness to everyone.
    Thus, Datta had sub-gurus of all kinds as described above. [Based on ‘The Biography of Brahmîbhût Shrîmat H.H. Vâsudevânand Sarasvatî (ñembe) Swâmî]

5. Attributes and functions
    a. He ensures that people live according to the laws of the four varßas (classes) and the four âshrams (stages of life).
    b. The ideal (of the) Guru (principle) and instructor of Yoga (ShânÅilyopaniíhad). Well-known disciples of Datta include Sahasrârjun, Parshurâm, etc.
    c. The teacher of Tantrashâstra - the philosophy of tantras (Tripurâsundarîrahasya).
    d. With behaviour like that of the evolved (like Shrîkruíhßa), one who is free from the bondage of religious ordinances and appointments (MârkanÅeya Purâß).
    e. One who lives according to His wish and is readily available (ever present for those who remember Him).
    f. Bestower of detachment (other deities bestow everything, except detachment).
    g. Avadhût (Refer point ‘2’.)
    h. A symbol of harmony
    1. Shaiva and Vaiíhßav : Both these sects feel close to Datta because of His nature (of a Guru).
    2. Hindus and Muslims : As in Muslim rituals, music and incense (dhûp) are important in the worship of Datta too.
    i. One who sets devotees free from problems caused by deceased ancestors’ souls. (Refer point ‘8 J’.)
    j. Wandering everyday
    1. For a bath : to Vârâßasî
    2. For applying sandalwood paste : to Prayâg
    3. For afternoon alms : to Kolhâpûr
    4. For afternoon meal : to Pânchâleshvar (Godâvarî river bed, BîÅ district)
    5. To eat betel leaves : Râkshasbhuvan (BîÅ district, MarâòhvâÅâ)
    6. To hear discourses or kîrtans : to Naimiíhâraßya (Bihâr)
    7. To sleep : MâhûrgaÅ
    8. For Yoga : Girnâr
    Of the above, the first, third and seventh places are more popular.
    k. Principle, ability and manifest energy
    1. Principle : 100% (God = 100%)
    2. Ability : Creation 10%, sustenance 80% and dissolution 10%.
    Since the sustenance potential is 80%, according to different scriptures Datta is popularly considered to be the sixth and sometimes the fourth or seventh, amongst the 24 incarnations of Lord Viíhßu.

3. Manifest energy : 10%
    Like Ishwar, Datta too uses only 10% of His energy in the performance of His task. The energy thus used is termed manifest energy, whereas the unused part of the energy is referred to as unmanifest energy. Use of more energy as per the inferred requirement for a task results in a higher percentage of manifest energy.

6. Mûrtividnyân (Science behind the idol)
    Around 1000 A.D., the idol of Datta became tri-faced; prior to this period it was uni-faced.
    KamanÅalu = small waterpot used by ascetics, JapamâÓâ = string of beads or rosary used for chanting, Shankh = conch, Chakra = (lit. wheel). Here, it refers to Lord Viíhßu’s Sudarshan chakra. Trishûl = three spiked weapon, Äamaru = hour glass shaped tabor

7. The implied meaning of those always associated with Him
    a. The cow (standing behind Lord Datta) : The earth.
    b. The four dogs : The four Vedas.
    c. The Audumbar ( holy fig) tree : This form of Datta contains the maximum of Datta principle, hence, it is worshipped.

8. The worship of Lord Datta
    a. Meticulously following the code of conduct according to the four varßas and âshrams.
    b. According to the Path of Yoga and Shaktipât dîkshâ (initiation by spiritual energy transfer).
    c. Datta is a deified Guru. He has to be worshipped in the Guru form itself. His glory is extolled with the acclamation ‘Shrî Gurudev Datta’ or ‘Shrî Gurudatta’. Since Shrî Dattâtreya is the Supreme Guru, the Guru-disciple tradition in which the Guru is a human being, is not followed in the Datta sect.
    d. Following of sectarian rules (discipline) is very important.
    e. Performance of severe rituals and undergoing physical hardships.
    f. Instead of an idol form, wooden slippers (pâdukâ) and the Audumbar tree are used for the ritual of worship. Earlier, the uni-faced idol was used. Now, the tri-faced idol is prevalent.
    g. Strict observance of specifications regarding clothing.
    h. Satyadattapûjâ (like that of Satyanârâyaß).
    i. Shrî Dattajayantî : Devotees of Datta celebrate the birth of Shrî Datta (Dattajayantî) on the Mârgashîríh paurßimâ day.
    j. Ancestors’ soul problem : In today’s times, since sâdhanâ (spiritual practice) and the rituals of shrâddha (offering in memory of the departed) are not performed as they were done earlier, many people face problems due to the subtle bodies of ancestors.
    Only evolved persons can tell if there is the possibility of a problem (or if an existing problem) is due to ancestors’ souls. If one does not have the good fortune of being guided by an evolved person, then inferring that the following problems could be due to ancestors’ souls, one should follow the spiritual practice as advised below. Not being able to get married, strained marital relationship, difficulty in conception, abortions or miscarriages, having retarded or handicapped progeny, giving birth only to daughters, deaths during childhood, etc.
    1. To prevent problems or if the problem is of a mild nature, one should regularly repeat (chant) ‘Shrî Gurudev Datta’ for atleast three turns of the mâÓâ (Hindu rosary).
    At other times one should also repeat (chant) the family deity’s name to the maximum extent for spiritual progress and to prevent problems due to one’s destiny.
    2. If the problem is of a moderate degree, one should repeat (chant) atleast six turns of the mâÓâ of ‘Shrî Gurudeva Datta’. Alternatively, one should do five pradakshißâs (circumambulations) in Shrî Datta’s temple on Thursdays and also repeat (chant) one to two turns of the mâÓâ for atleast a year. Later, one should continue repeating (chanting) three turns of the mâlâ.
    3. If the problem is of a severe degree, then one should repeat (chant) atleast nine turns of the mâÓâ. One should perform rituals like Nârâyaß balî, Nâgbalî, TripinÅî shrâddha, Kâlasarpashânti at the Jyotirlingas.
    Along with the above mentioned rituals, one should do spiritual practice staying in a Dattakshetra (sacred place where Datta is venerated) or serve a saint and receive His blessings.

http://www.hindujagruti.org/eng/page.php?id=73

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 12:47:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • Lord Datta's Temple

http://www.aroundpune.com/narayanpur.htm

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 04:29:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dattatreya Principle

The foremost problem facing the world today is lack of proper understanding and co-operation. There are many religious organisations. There are many political parties. They all have very good social intentions. But why is it that the common man is still unhappy? This is because there is no understanding among them.

If we carefully analyse the history, we see that more battles have been fought in the name of religion. Ofcourse, all religions preach non-violence. Still we see that they fought among themselves. Why? Even here the reason is lack of mutual understanding.

Perhaps Lord Brahma had foreseen this contingency. Therefore He ordained Atri Maharshi to undertake penance and further the process of creation. Sage Atri undertook penance and as a result, Lord Dattatreya was born as the combined form of the Trinity – Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara.

The process of creation has three aspects. Creation, sustenance and destruction. We can comprehend the relation between creation and sustenance. But we find it difficult to realise that these two aspects have some sort of relation with destruction. Somehow, we tend to consider creation and sustenance as positive aspects and destruction as negative.

Lord Dattatreya demonstrated through His teachings and His way of life, the harmonious relation that exists between creation and sustenance and destruction.
    Sage Atri undertook penance. Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara appeared before Sage Atri and offered themselves. As a consequence of this, a strange boy with three heads and six arms was born immediately. This boy started calling Sage Atri as "father". Sage Atri did not like the way in which his son was born. Therefore, the self-born son immediately merged back into nature.

Saraswati, Lakshmi and Parvati once wanted to test the strength of Anasuya. They sent the Trimurtis to test her. But, the power of penance of Mata Anasuya converted the Trimurtis into infants. Mother Anasuya was happy. But she neither accepted nor rejected the infants because they were not bestowed upon her. Subsequently, the three goddesses came and requested Mata Anasuya to give them back their husbands. Mata Anasuya agreed and thus, the three babies disappeared.

The power of Sumati"s penance guided the creation towards destruction. But the power of Anasuya Mata prevented the catastrophe. As a result of this, Mata Anasuya became eligible for receiving the boons of the Trinity. Now she wished for a son. Thus, Lord Datttatreya was born only when both Atri and Anasuya aspired for the same boon. It can be seen that in the first instance, Datta was born as a Samashti Murthi (collective form) while in the second instance, he manifested as Vyashti Murthi (individual form). In the third instance, Lord Dattatreya manifested as an individual form, but with the aspect of collective form. By doing so, He symbolically demonstrated the link between Creation-Sustenance-Destruction.

Dattatreya also showed that the seemingly divergent traditions of spirituality co-existed harmoniously within Him.

He expounded both Dvaita and Advaita philosphies.

In the mundane world, He introduced and propagated both Vaidika (ritualistic) and Avidika(non-ritualistic) paths.

He explicated both polity and righteousness in the society.
    To do so, He took different forms at the same time.
    He is still alive as a Chiranjeevi (one who lives forever).

Some scholars engage in debate about the period and place of manifestation of Lord Dattatreya. Indeed all debates regarding mythology are useful. But it must be remembered that to consider Lord Dattatreya as an individual and to restrict Him to some particular time in history will deprive us of the chance to understand the underlying principle of His incarnation.

Lord Dattatreya"s mention can be found in various Upanishads like Shandilya Upanishad and Dattatreya Upanishad. In these Upanishads, there is clear exposition of the oneness of Tattva.

Although Lord Dattatreya manifested in human form as the son of sage Atri, in the spiritual level, He is of the form of Tattva Himself.

Because He is a Chiranjeevi (one who lives forever), Lord Dattatreya expounds and propagates the teachings as required at different eras in different places and after that particular era ends, He will Himself make modifications in His teachings to suit the next era.

Lord Dattatreya manifested in diverse forms and attracted men of different mentalities and guided them to Satvic path.

He preached to both angels and demons. In humans, He caused mental evolution and helped them to understand science.

Datta Darshana is nothing but the comprehending of the True Principle. That itself is Datta Sakshatkara (intuitive perception, realisation). Spiritual seekers must understand a secret in Datta Avatara.

Almighty appearing in some physical form or in the form of light is one thing. It is another thing for the Almighty to manifest in the form of the True Principle when the seeker attains realisation.

At first, the Trimurtis appeared to Sage Atri in the form of light. Later they appeared in a physical form and still later, gave darshan in the form of an infant. Still Sage Atri did not have the real Sakshatkara (realization of the True Principle). Even when Trhinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara appeared in the form of infants before Anasuya, there was no true realisation.

The penance of Sage Atri and Anasuya continued. When Lord Dattatreya manifested for the third time, the Tapas of sage Atri had reached the state of fruition and he was able to see the True Principle now. Therefore, when Datta manifested for the third time, there was no exalted emotion in Sage Atri. Why? Because in this manifestation Sage Atri could realise the True Principle. Therefore, Sage Atri did not show much inclination towards performing different Samskaras prescribed for a boy. But it was not the case with Anasuya. She had not yet completely understood this incarnation. It was only Atri who knew the reality.

Mother Anasuya did not have the intuitive perception of the True Principle. Therefore, Lord Dattatreya decided to demolish the delusion of His mother which was preventing her from comprehending the True Principle. He peeled off His own skin and gave Darshan in the Universal form. This act kindled spiritual awareness in her and soon she too was able to experience the True Principle. She got Datta Sakshatkara. She was no more attached to the physical form of Datta.

How to differentiate between the darshan in the physical form and true realisation? There is a clear answer to this question in Dattopanishad – "Sadaa dattohamasmi dattohamasmeeti pratyetat samvadanti ye na te samsaarino bhavanti". It means, "when True Principle of Dattatreya is realised, that person should be able to experience that he himself is Datta! He should become the experience himself".

In Srimad Bhagavata, we come across the episode of Prahlada, a great devotee of Lord Vishnu. In his old age, Prahlada experienced dissatisfaction. He did not have peace of mind. He decided to go on pilgrimage. In the forest, Lord Dattatreya appeared to him in the form of an ascetic and preached him the True Principle. Prahlada was able to experience the True Principle and was freed from misery. This "darshan" was no less significant than the "Narasimha" incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Thus, Prahlada attained peace because of the realisation of True Principle.

Lord Dattatreya appears in different forms to Sadhakas in different stages of their spiritual pursuit. He is not opposed to any tradition. He is infact acknowledged as the originator of all traditions.

In Lord Dattatreya, there might seem to be some contradictions, but in reality, there are no contradictions. Therefore, we do not find the aspects of curse and war in the incarnation of Dattatreya. He did not show any offence even Jambhasura, who tried to attack Him. He did not curse Pingala Naga, who out of ignorance insulted Him. Instead, He blessed Pingala Naga.

Lord Dattatreya"s attitude is this :

Are you an atheist? I will still accept you.
    Are you a fugitive? I will still accept you.
    Are you a religious fanatic? I will still accept you.
    Are you a worldly person? I will still accept you.

How is this possible?

Everyone has some good quality. Lord Dattatreya concentrates only on such positive qualities. He will never bother about the rest of the qualities. Therefore Lord Dattatreya is able to shower His love and compassion equally on all.

When Lord Dattatreya concentrates on the good qualities of a person, His divine energy flows towards that quality and because of this flow, the positive aspect automatically enhances. Gradually the heart of that person will become full with His divine energy. Satvic qualities blossom in the heart of that person and his life will become fragrant and beautiful. This is the speciality in Lord Dattatreya"s method.

Lord Dattatreya employs two mediums to transmit His divine energy on the deserving devotees. One is Nada and the other is Yoga.

Neither of these paths have barriers of caste, creed and religion or any other man made barriers. They have no language. Therefore Lord Dattatreya has no limitations.

Lord Dattatreya has been present throughout the 24 Yugas. No single treatise can successfully describe His greatness. What is available as Datta Purana today is only a small sample of His methods of dealing with His devotees.

Kartaveeryarjuna was one who, despite being in the path of Dharma was unable to give up ego.

Parashurama was one who, despite giving up ego, was unable to overcome anger.
    Pingala Naga was one who, despite realizing that his doubts were trivial, could not remove them completely from his mind.

King Dharmakeerti was one who tried to deceive Lord Dattatreya with fake respect for righteousness.

Veda Sharma was one, who despite being knowledgeable, was unable to overcome his attachment for his son.

Vishnudatta was one who did not know what desires were!

The above examples are sufficient to show the variety in the incarnation of Lord Dattatreya.
    It is the undercurrent of lack of Samanvaya (understanding) that is manifesting today as wars, acts of terrorism and other dangerous trends. Therefore, Lord Dattatreya" teachings are the suitable answers to the ailing world.

Lord Dattatreya does not believe in belittling you. He will accept you in whatever level you are.
    It is no accident that the incarnation of Lord Dattatreya took place on full moon day. It signifies the wholeness of the incarnation. It was the full moon day of the month of Margashira when Lord Dattatreya incarnated. Lord Krishna has declared in the Bhagavad Gita as "maasaanaam marga sheershoham" (among the months, I am the Margasheersha). The only speciality of the month of Margashira is Dattatreya Jayanti. It is because of the greatness of that day that Lord Krishna has declared that among the months, He is Margasheersha.

The day on which the moon and the Mrigashira star come together is the full moon day of the Margashira month. Mrigashira means head of an animal. The full moon day of the Margashira month is a day when the animal tendencies in the head of man are removed. It is Lord Dattatreya who does this.

Symbolic meaning of Lord Dattatreya"s form

The three heads – symbolic of Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara principles
    Chakra (disc) – symbolic of time
    Conch – symbolic of Nada
    These two are the aspects of Vishnu
    Trident – symbolic of the Trigunas
    Damaru – symbolic of the science of sound.
    These two are the aspects of Shiva.
    Rosary – symbolic of Yogic energy and prosperity.
    Kamandalu (pot) – symbolic of peace.
    These tow are the aspects of Brahma.
    Cow – symbolic of Dharma (righteousness)
    Dogs – symbolic of the Vedas.
    Fig tree – symbolic of healing powers.

In today"s world, no nation can be totally independent of the other. Culture and attitudes of different countries will affect every other country. There is no country or group of people which is not affected by this. In this era of mixed culture and thinking, it is Lord Dattatreya who can extend helping hand to us.

Today"s man, with the help of the so called scientific advancement, has polluted the earth, the sea and the space. Not only that, he has also polluted the inner environment of man by befouling behaviour, speech and mind. This six-fold pollution has pushed mankind to the brim of annihilation. In such a dangerous situation, it is only Dattatreya, the Lord with six arms who can save us from the catastrophic end.

Jaya Guru Datta.

http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/bhaktimala/april99/dattaapr99.html

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 04:35:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • DATTATREYA DARSHAN

http://www.shreeswami.org/photos-shri-krishna-saraswati-1.htm

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 04:40:09 AM »
  • Publish
  • DATTATREYA DARSHAN

http://groups.msn.com/ShreeSwamiSamarth/photoaalbumno4.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=821

http://groups.msn.com/ShreeSwamiSamarth/photoaalbumno4.msnw?albumlist=2

Akkalkot & Gangapur Darshan

http://groups.msn.com/ShreeSwamiSamarth/aakkalkotgangapurdarshan.msnw?albumlist=2

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 04:43:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dattatreya Darshan

http://groups.msn.com/JKalianandaswami/dattatraya.msnw

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 06:48:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • datta guru datta guru dattaatreya guru
    saaI naatha, diina naatha, brahma ruupa guru
    alakha nira.njana bhava bhaya bha.njana dattaatreya guru
    dattaatreya guru, saaI naatha guru, dina naatha guru

Chant the Holy names of Noble Teacher Datthathrey and Lord Sai Nath. Reciting ever pure and spotless names of Lord Datthathrey and Lord Sai Nath destroys the fear and bondage of birth and death.

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 06:54:35 AM »
  • Publish

• Abhisheka to Bhagavan Dattatreya Swami in Mysore Ashrama on 24.11.2002

http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/latest/2002/november/datta_abhisheka/datta_abhisheka.html

dipika duggal

Dipika Duggal

Facebook Comments