Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: SSC for every month of 2007  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
    • Sai Baba
SSC for every month of 2007
« on: December 28, 2006, 01:29:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sai Ram
    Dearest brothers and sisters,

may the coming year be one of prosperitiy, health, success, patience, inspiration, wisdom and bliss on the inner and the outer for all of you.

In Germany we have the ancient custom dating back to pre-Christian times to cast a special oracle in those magic last six nights  of the old and first six nights of the new year. The outcome of each day's oracles serves as a motto for the corresponding month of the year. Let's do this with SSC for 2007 so that those who like may decide to contemplate on whichever quote we get for the 12 months of 2007.

In the days to come I'll share the quotes that come to me after meditation. Use these ones if you like but feel very free to see in which places the SSC falls open for you after your puja, prayer, meditation.

With love for all of you and

Jai Sai Ram

Astrid

Restless was my heart till it found rest in THEE

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
    • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
      • Sai Baba
    Re: SSC for every month of 2007
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 01:21:46 AM »
  • Publish
  • Welcome back my dear Astrid

SaiRam.Good to see you back.We are all eager to  read your quotes

and I am sure our Baba Sai has sent our new year 2007 gift from you.

keep in touch and I am sure you would have had a wondrful christmas.

Happy new Year-2007.

SAI bless you and guide you where ever you are.

jaisairam.

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 01:45:49 AM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for January 2007

Chapter XII - Saints' Mission
    We have seen before that the purpose or object of divine incarnation is to protect the good and destroy the wicked. But, the mission of the saints is quite different. To them the good and the wicked are the same. First they draw the evil-doers and set them on the right path. They are the Agasti to destroy the Bhava-sagar (the ocean of worldly existence) or the sun to destroy the darkness of ognorance. The God dwells in the saints. In fact, they are not different from Him. Our Sai is one of these, Who incatnated for the welfare of the devotees. Supreme in knowledge and surrounded with divine aura, He loved all beings equally. He was unattached. Foes and friends, kings and paupers, all were same to Him. Hear His prowess! For the sake of devotees He gave His stock of merits and was ever alert to help them. But, the devotees could never approach Him, unless He meant to receive them. If their appointed time did not come, , they did not remember Baba, and His Leelas could not reach their ears. Then, how could they think of seeing Him? Some men desired to see Sai Baba, but they did not get any opportunity of taking His darshan. till His Mahasamadhi. There are many such persons who's desire for Baba's darshan was not thus satisfied. If these persons, believing in Him, listen to His Leelas, there quest for darshan will be, to a great extend, satisfied by the Leelas. Even if some persons went there by sheer luck and took Baba's darshan, were they able to stay there longer? No. Nobody could go there of his own accord and nobody could stay there longer if He did not wish so. They could stay there, so long as Baba permitted them to stay, and had to leave the place, when asked to do so by Him so, everything depended on Baba's divine will.

Bow to Shri Sai - Peace be to all.

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 01:50:36 AM »
  • Publish
  • OMSAIRAM!Thankyou Sai baba !

Astrid came and bells started ringing in our Temple.
    Astrid dear...Missing you dear...just now I posted a msg for u.

Sai baba bless our Astrid to always be near us.

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM

dipika duggal
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 04:33:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for February 2007

Chapter XXIII - Ordeal of Guru Bhakti, last paragraph
    The disciples should have firm faith, backed up by intelligence, and if they add patience to these, their spiritual goal will not be distant. Control of breath-ingoing and outgoing, or Hatha-Yoga, or other difficult practices, are not at all necessary. When the disciples get the above-mentioned qualities, they become ready for further instructions and the masters then appear and lead them on, in their spiritual path to perfection.

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 04:37:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for March 2007

Chapter XLVIII Mrs. Sapatnekar, from the forelast paragraph
    "Take the coconut, put it in your wife's Oti (upper part of her sari), and go away without the least anxiety."

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 12:07:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for April 2007

Chapter XXXI Tiger
    Seven days before Baba passed away a wonderful incident ocurred at Shirdi. There came a country-cart and stopped in front of the Masjid. A tiger was on the cart, fastened with iron chains with its agonised face turned to the rear. It was suffering from some painful malady. Its keepers - three Derveshis - ha been taking it from place to place and making money by exhibiting it. It was the means of their subsistence. They tried all sorts of emedies to cure it from the malady it was suffering from, but all in vain. Then they heared of Baba's fame and came to Him with the animal. They got it down with chains in their hands and made it stand at the door. It was naturally fierce besides, decease-ridden. So it was restless. The people began to look at it with fright and amazement. The Derveshis told Baba everything about the animal and with His consent brought it before Him. As it approached the steps it retreated on account of the awe of Baba, and hung its head down. When both saw each other, it got on to the step and looked at Baba with affection. Immediately it moved the tuft of its tail and dashed it thrice against the ground, and then fell down senseless. On seeing it dead the Derveshis were much dejected and full of sorrow, but on proper thought they came to terms with it. They considered that as the animal was diseased and nearing its end it wa very meritorious on its part that it met its dath at the Feet of Baba. It was there debtor and when the debt was paid off it was free and met its end at Sai's Feet. When any creatures bow down their heads at saints' feet and meet death they are liberated, unless they have got a good store of merit on their account, how could they get such a meritorious end?

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 12:12:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for May 2007

Chapter XXXVII Preliminary
    Blessed is Sai's life for His devotees, blessed is His daily routine. His ways anbd actions are indescribable. Sometimes He was intoxiocated with Brahmanand (divine bliss) and at other times completely Self-absorbed. While doing so many things at the same time, He was yet unconcerned with them. Though He seemed at times quite inactive He was not idle or dozing; He always abides in His own self. Though He looked calm and placid as the sea, He was deep and unfathomable. Who can describe His ineffable nature? He regarded men as brothers, women as sisters and mothers. He was a Perfect Celibate, as everybody knows. May the knowledge we got in His company, last long unto death. Let us ever serve Him with whole-hearted devotion to His Feet. Let us see Him (God) in all beings and let us constantly remember His name.

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 12:29:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for June 2007

Rohila's story
    The story of the Rohila illustrates Sai Baba's all embracing love. One Rohila, tall and well-built, strong as a bull, came to Shirdi, wearing a long Kafni (robe) and was enamored of the Sai, Who stayed there. Day and night, he used to recite, in a loud and harsh tone, the Kalma (verses from the Holy Quran) and shout "Allah Ho Akbar" (God is Great). Most people of Shirdi were working in their fields during the day and when they returned to their homes at night, they were welcomed with the Rohila's harsh cries and shouts. They could get no sleep and felt much trouble and inconvenience. They suffered this nuisance for some days in silence, and when they could stand it no longer, they approached Baba and requested Him to check the Rohila and stop the nuisance. Baba did not attend to their complaint. On the contrary, Baba took the villagers to task and asked them to mind their own business. He said to them that the Rohila had got a very bad wife, who tried to trouble the Rohila and Himself, but hearing the Rohila's prayers she dare not enter and they were at peace. In fact, the Rohila had no wife and by his wife Baba meant durbuddhi, i.e. evil thoughts. As Baba liked prayers and cries to God better than anything else, He took the side of the Rohila, and asked the villagers to wait and bear with the nuisance, which would abate in due course.

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for July 2007

Chapter VI Efficacy of the Touch of the Guru's Hand
    When Sadguru is the helmsman he is sure to carry us safely and easily beyond the worldly ocean. The word Sadguru brings to mind Sai Baba, the Perfect Master. He appears to me as if standing before me and applying Udi (sacred ashes) to my forehead and placing his hand of blessing on my head. Then joy fills my heart and love overflows through my eyes. Wonderful is the power of the touch of Guru's hand. The subtle body (consisting of thoughts and desires) which cannot be burnt by the gross fire, is destroyed by the mere touch of the Guru's hand, and the sins of many past births are cleaned and washed away. Even the speech of those, who feel agitated, when they hear religious and Godly talks, attain calmness. The sight of Sai Baba's handsome form chokes our throat with joy, makes the eyes overflow with tears and overwhelms the heart with emotions. It awakens in us "I am He" (Soham) Brahma consciouness, manifests the joy of self-realization and dissolving the distinction of I and Thou, makes us one with the Supreme (One Reality).

May the old year pass in peace and may the new year begin with joy.

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 06:15:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for August 2007

Chapter XIII (last sentence)
    All these stories show that, the real medicine that cured the various diseases permanently, was Baba's word and grace, and not any medicines or drugs.

Bow to Shri Sai - Peace be to all

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my brothers and sisters.

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for September 2007

Chapter XXIII Yoga and Onion
    Once it so happened that a Sadhak of Yoga came to Shirdi with Nanasaheb Chandorkar. He had studied all the works on Yoga, including the Yoga-sutras of Patanjali, but had no practical experience. He could not concentrate his mind and attain Samadhi even for a short time. He thought that if Sai Baba will be pleased with him, He will show him the way to attain Samadhi for a longer time. With this object in view he came to Shirdi and when he went to the Masjid he saw Sai Baba eating chapati with onion. On seeing this, a thought crossed his mind: "How can this man, eating stale bread with raw onion, solve my difficulties and help me?" Sai Baba read his mind and said to Nanasaheb: "Oh Nana, he, who has the power to digest onion, should eat it and none else." Hearing this remark, the yogi was wonderstruck, and he fell at Baba's feet with complete surrender. With pure and open mind he asked his difficulties and got their solution from Baba. Thus, being satisfied and happy, he left Shirdi with Baba's Udi and blessings.

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 12:58:55 AM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for October 2007

Chapter XXXI - Balaram Mankar
    There was a house-holder devotee of Baba, by name Balaram Mankar. When his wife passed away he got dejected and entrusting his household to his son, left home and came to Shirdi and lived with Baba. Being pleased with his devotion Baba wanted to give a good turn to his life and He did it in this way. He gave him Rs. 12/- and asked him to go and live in Macchindragad (District Satara). Mankar was first unwilling to go and stay away from Baba, but Baba convinced him that He was giving the best course for him and asked him to practice meditation thrice a day in the Gad. On believing in Baba's words Mankar went to the Gad. He was much pleased with the serenity, pure water, healthy air and the surroundings of the place, and began to practice assiduously the meditations, as recommended by Baba. After some days he got a revelation. Generally, bhaktas get revelation in their Samadhi or trance states but in Mankar's case he got it when he came down to his ordinary consciousness from his trance. Baba appeared to him in person. Not only that Mankar saw Him but he also asked Him why he was sent there. Baba replied: "In Shirdi many thoughts and ideas began to rise in your mind and I sent you here to bring your unsteady mind to rest. You thought that I was in Shirdi with a body, composed of the five elements and three and a half cubits in length. Now you see and determine for yourself whether the person you see here now is the same you saw at Shirdi. It is for this reason that I sent you here." Then after the period was over, Mankar left the Gad and proceeded to his native place Bandra. He wanted to travel by rail from Poona to Dadar, but when he went to the booking office to get a ticket he found it very much crowded. He could not get his ticket soon, when a villager with a Langoti (piece of cloth) on his waist and Kambali on his shoulder turned up and said, "Where are you going?" "To Dadar", replied Mankar. Then, he said, "Please, take this Dadar ticket of mine, as I have some urgent work here I have cancelled my Dadar trip." Mankar was very glad to receive the ticket and was taking out money from his pocket when the rustic disappeared in the crowd. Mankar tried to find him out in the crowd but in vain. He waited for him till the train left the station but found no trace of him. This was the second revelation Mankar got in a strange form. Then Mankar after visiting his home, again returned to Shirdi and remained there at Baba's Feet following His bidding and advice. In the end he was very fortunate to leave this world in the presence of Baba.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 02:35:29 AM by Astrid »

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 02:38:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for November 2007

Chapter XXXI last sentences
    Balaji had two wives and some children. They some times went to Shirdi, from Newase, for taking Baba's darshan. Then, Baba bought saris and other clothes, which were given to him with His blessings.

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 04:58:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • SSC for December 2007

Chapter XXXIX & L
    Baba - How is Gnyan Upadesh i.e., imparting of realization to be effected? Destroying ignorance is Gnyan. Of Verse - Ovi - 1396 of Dnyaneshwari, commenting on Gita 18-66 says: "Removal of ignorance is, oh Arjun, if dream and sleep disappear, you are yourself. It is like that."

Facebook Comments